Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anybody know what this coule be?

Hey Everybody, just picked up a 76 911s with a 3.2 from an 88' and a nice steel wide body conversion. Anyways, I'm totally perplexed by something I found on the car and the previous owner has no idea what it is either.

Anyways, its mounted behind the shifter in the tunnel of the car. It appears to be a lock with some keys in it. I'm scared to turn the key to see what happens because who knows what somebody rigged up. Maybe its an old car alarm?

Thoughts?

BTW here's the car(yes, its got tiny 15's and looks funny now but its a work in progress):

Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Schleprock

The starter cable runs thru the tunnel from the battery in the trunk to the starter. It's a direct connection, "HOT" lead to the starter from the positive terminal on the battery. If you interrupt that lead with a switch, the car cannot be started. Maybe its some sort of anti-theft electrical coupling that if the key is removed, the circuit is open and the car can't start?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Schleprock

BTW nice M5- excellent color. I had a 2001 carbon black/caramel. Fantastic car that was a real joy to drive.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

KTL, Thanks for the info and the compliments on the M5. I'll check out your theory later tonight.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: