Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
82 911 SC - Ancora Imparo

Garage
Ah, copy that. My local shop is extremely well respected and they do great work. They don't order lines and fittings from Porsche/OEM, they order their own materials and make them exactly for each car. They advised that they replace the front and rear lines and fittings but don't bother with the tunnel lines because they never fail. I don't have any reason to doubt their expertise, but it just seems like common sense to replace all the lines while you're doing it.

What do you think?
Old 04-09-2018, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Okay- so I am going to replace my main tunnel fuel lines tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Well, simply because “Murphy” has a full on Nelson headlock in my arse all the time, I replaced my last year. I did it with the engine n trans in place so it took me some time.

Our 78SC has the plastic poly lines and they looked “ok”. I used the lines built by Ken and now have peace of mind that they are all 100% new and compatible with today’s fuels. What convinced me? The pics of the OP’s 944 fully engulfed and the fact I now have peace of mind. You will find that the field is evenly split and really just comes down to how comfortable you feel. Digging into the tunnel will also allow you to see the condition, bushings and such.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912

Last edited by bugstrider; 04-16-2018 at 07:12 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretz View Post
Ah, copy that. My local shop is extremely well respected and they do great work. They don't order lines and fittings from Porsche/OEM, they order their own materials and make them exactly for each car. They advised that they replace the front and rear lines and fittings but don't bother with the tunnel lines because they never fail. I don't have any reason to doubt their expertise, but it just seems like common sense to replace all the lines while you're doing it.

What do you think?
Never say never.

My plastic return in my '75S (made 10/74) broke off in pieces from the outside the rear wall to my engine.

These are now 40++ old fuel lines. On the basic idea that the service life of any part eventually expires, it's the best to do this. However, I would not do tunnel lines unless the engine was out for service - and and some point it will need to be serviced.

There are a lot of guys on here that have SC and Carreras that find themselves in a pickle when they smell fuel coming out of the tunnel. Luckily, most catch it in time and do the job.

For me all the lines are being done. I'm not playing games with a 42-year-old car with 42-year-old lines. That's almost a half-century that that they have been in there.

I would think the job would be $1000 + at least. It's a lot of work with many unknowns.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)

Garage
Gas lines

Good afternoon everyone

Can someone please give me the contact info for the guy that makes these lines?

Thanks

David
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Okay- so I am going to replace my main tunnel fuel lines tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Never say never.
I would think the job would be $1000 + at least. It's a lot of work with many unknowns.

I documented all of my steps as well as the OP. My engine, trans and all gear was still in place. All I’m sayin is that it is doable, just takes time, patients and all on jack stands. If you get frustrated, take a break and tackle it a little later.

Ken includes a coupler to attach old to new and allows you to pull through the lines in and out the tunnel.

To have a shop do this I would imagine be a very spendy option.

Cheers

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 04-16-2018 at 07:27 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Good afternoon everyone

Can someone please give me the contact info for the guy that makes these lines?

Thanks

David

Hey Dave,

His name is Len,
Best way is by email

Len@Autosportengineering.com

Cheers
Trev

1978 911SC Targa
Old 04-16-2018, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

+1 on Len. I'm putting a set of his braided lines in my car right now. Very high quality, quick turn around, and a pleasure to deal with.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Good day to all....

I have officially retired from Autosport, and my email address has changed.

The best way to reach me at present is by my personal email at:

Len dot Cummings at Verizon dot net

Please do NOT pm me, my pm box is FULL.

Have a great Porsche day.

Len

Old 04-17-2018, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: