Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Cool Who will be at the 24 this weekend?

I will be there Sat/Sun. Anyone up for lunch or dinner?

-Michael

Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
wow... not a single response... very disappointing...
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
WISH I were there.
RGruppe #79 '73 Carrera RS spec 2.7 MFI
00 Saab 95 Aero wagon stick
01 Saab 95 Aero wagon auto
03 Boxster
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1990
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Michael,

Wish we were going, but alas, need to see how the politcs play out this year before we commit to working with a team or bringing our own.

I know Ed Hughes and Brian Bell are down there for sure...

Thanks again for all of the help in previous years at the race!!
997 S 4.0, Boxster 2.7 Race Car, Cayman S 3.8, 958 Cayenne TT, VW GTI 2.1 TSI, Mini Cooper S JCW, Cannondale Supersix EVO SRAM RED E-tap, Cannondale Slice SRAM RED E-tap, Giant Roam Hardtail- to ride with the wife.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
gearhead

I am here but not at the track currently. I will be in and out all weekend but kind of tied down with a 2 year old. Right now she would rather go swimming than watch racecars.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
My wife and I will be there! Only staying for a little bit as the call to the baby sitter was very last minute!! Haven't seen any earplugs suitable for a one month old yet, lol.

1984 3.2 Carrera Targa
Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

gearhead

They make ear phones. That's what we use. Hers are pink. Though we never took her trackside until she was about 9 months.

Just put her down for her nap and gonna watch the start on TV. I'll head over by myself after dark and lurk the garages.

The new 991 Ricardo gearbox has been blowing up all over the world. The factory backed car at Dubai made it less than 6 hours with two gearbox replacements. And nobody seems to know why but every US gearbox was returned to pmna a week before this race.

Gotta lurk and learn. This is a business trip after all. Late night is where it's at anyway.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
This is one event I haven't been able to check off the bucket list yet.

'89 CARRERA
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Wanted to, but couldn't make it happen with work and grandchild sitting. So close, so far away.
'70 MGBGT (Sold)
Old 01-26-2014, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Well it was an awesome event! Perfect weather! Some would say it was cold but I found it fine. The four classes seemed to work well. It was great to see so many different cars. Porsche did well! Winning their class with car 911!

Car 911 waiting to enter the winners circle. Drivers:
  • Nick Tandy / Bedford, United Kingdom
  • Richard Lietz / Ybbs, Austria
  • Patrick Pilet / Auch, France

Car 912 went our with crank case pressure issues.

The Porsche corral was HUGE! The space was packed with cars from all years and it was obvious to everyone there that Porsche has a great following. I had parking by the pit patios which was also in the same spot as the Ferrari corral. Weak... very weak. Maybe 20 cars and 6 of those were Ferrari school cars! Though, my friend is a regional manager for Ferrari adn he took me into their area to see the car worth and est. $60 million. '62 GTB or something like that. We both agreed that it was not a particularly pretty car! LOL

Over all a great showing. However, all our prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for Memo Gidley. Greta guy and great driver!

Lastly, I got some great schwag and two fuel doors signed. Can you guess the sigs?

Old 01-26-2014, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Alton View Post
Michael,

Wish we were going, but alas, need to see how the politcs play out this year before we commit to working with a team or bringing our own.

I know Ed Hughes and Brian Bell are down there for sure...

Thanks again for all of the help in previous years at the race!!
Yeah I was really bummed not to be on pit road working. On the other hand I was able to get 500 Club Suite tickets... WOW! My son will have a totally distorted view of going to races since his 1st race was spent in a box! LOL So I was bummed, but still managed to have a good time!

With luck Bullet will return next year! Otherwise I think I'll try and find work somewhere. Too much fun not too I did leave a mark on the start/finish line for Bullet

I did not run into Brian or Ed. Wish we could have had a Pelican meetup!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro911sc View Post
Porsche did well! Winning their class with car 911!

Car 911 waiting to enter the winners circle.........Car 912 went our with crank case pressure issues.

Lastly, I got some great schwag and two fuel doors signed. Can you guess the sigs?
Every time I saw 911 0r 912 I could not get over how they reminded me of my 930 with those big rear quarters.

Signatures? Couldn't guess, but I bet they are P car affiliated as those are 911/912 fuel doors.

Nice perch!

Bud
Old 01-26-2014, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I was thinking of making it a road trip, trailering my car until clear of the snow and then driving the rest of the way, but couldn't swing it this year.

Keep the pictures coming so I'll know what I missed.

P.S.
That blue one looks like Pat Long's. He signed my tail in 2013

…wait, that didn't sound right

My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Nice catch Wayner!! Indeed the blue one is Pat Long. The black one is Jorg Bergmeister. They were both driving the #912. I'll add these two to my 50th Anniversary Rolex fuel door signed by Hurley Haywood and call it a collection! I'm out of fuel doors now so I'll be looking to acquire some in the near future
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
911SC Tinkerer

My wife was wushu washy about taking the kids all day. When I finally made the decision to just take my son I got endless amounts of grief. I swear I'll be going to Sebring or there will be a war in the house (lol).
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice catch Wayner!! ...I'll add these two to my 50th Anniversary Rolex fuel door signed by Hurley Haywood and call it a collection! I'm out of fuel doors now so I'll be looking to acquire some in the near future

That's quite the impressive collection, and much easier than bringing the whole car :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Yeah its hard to fit the car in the back pack

That was supposed to be Haywood's last drive at the Rolex, but he showed up again the following year. I need to get Redman and Rockenfeller next. I think I can get Redman next year as he always shows up at one of the local car shows 10 minutes from my house. Rocky... Maybe Sebring 12 hours. Trying to get all the great 911 drivers. Lots of people use helmets, but I think its easier to do fuel doors and they run about $15 ea.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

My right side tail stripe is reserved for Hurley!

My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: