Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Tool Kit Info Needed

I purchased this toolkit at Hershey last year.
I am wondering what year it is, if it is complete and what the grey tag is for? Thanks ahead for your expertize.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That is a complete tool kit, although it may be missing the smaller phillips head screwdriver insert that goes in the yellow handle.

IIRC, there should be 22 tools. Also, the white tag might mean that it is from a later Carrera - circa 1987+ (not sure though).
Old 01-30-2014, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
So I count 19 in my kit. I do not have the shorter phillips head screwdriver. So I still have two tools MIA. Thanks for the date. That puts me in the right ball park. Someone mentioned plastic gloves and wipes came with the kit. True?

1986 Carrera Meteor Metallic Grey
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I think your kit is complete minus that part I mentioned. Thinking back the newer tool kits came with less pieces. You even have the original fuses that came with the kit - which is very cool.

There were some gloves that came with the package. They are called Owafix, and they came with four pairs in a yellow bag. There should have not been any wipes.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a snap of everything that came in my '85 Carrera, a one owner 49k car, PO said he had seldom opened the kit and never used anything in it, so I assume it is all there. I have the paper tag stapled to the tool roll as well. Hope this helps.

Follow me! Instagram paulmoseleyphotos
Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you "hesmart" and "paulmose". What I see is a tire gauge, small phillips head and gloves that are missing from my kit. ("paulmose")- What is the color of your tag and what is that canister to the right of your kit? Thanks again
Old 01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I think your kit is from '88+, the speed handle in the top of your kit is for emergancy operation of the power windows.

The canister in paulmose picture is the compressor/tire inflator
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

My tool roll looks complete. One question. The previous owner included a larger compressor. Any ideas on getting an original replacement or very similar one?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
whats that?

https://www.facebook.com/911garage
Old 01-31-2014, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achin94 View Post
What I see is a tire gauge, small phillips head and gloves that are missing from my kit.
You might also be missing the large plastic bag that Porsche supplied to put a dirty tire into. Your passenger may get to hold a flat tire in their lap.

JR
Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
My tool roll looks complete. One question. The previous owner included a larger compressor. Any ideas on getting an original replacement or very similar one?
Place an ad in the used parts forum.

JR
Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
whats that?
Tool to manually operate a sunroof.

JR
Old 01-31-2014, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the carbon dating "jrbennett". Do you have directions on manual window operation?
Does the screw driver handle go on the end?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
"Javadog" does the large plastic bag have anything printed on it like the gloves? Thx for the info.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
"Michael T" From my travels searching for my own air compressor there are a few points affecting price. The plastic tabs that lock the case. The inside decal stickers and good working order. All three cost me about $100.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Does anyone know if the tire gauge is an add on or does one come with the tool kit? If it is stock what are the years? I keep hearing 356 tire gauge...
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
Tool to manually operate a sunroof.

JR
Do you have directions on manual sunroof operation?
Thx
Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
The list is growing and I still don't know how to properly store this tool kit. Does anyone have a photo/drawing showing where each tool is suppose to be packed?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you have directions on manual sunroof operation?
Thx
It's in your owner's manual

Quote:
The list is growing and I still don't know how to properly store this tool kit. Does anyone have a photo/drawing showing where each tool is suppose to be packed?
Here a generic picture from Porsche:

Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
It's in your owner's manual

Here a generic picture from Porsche:

Thx for the picture. That reminds me I've got to get one of those too.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: