Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator Question

Hi Everyone,

I have an '81 SC with CIS and I'm just trying to better understand how my fuel system works. The car cold starts on the first or second crank in any weather and gets about 14mpg in mixed driving which is a bit piggish IMO. But, it has good power and crisp throttle response so I suppose I can't complain too much. The only thing is that when it is cold started in temps below 55 degrees, it idles low but consistently at first and then begins to surge. After a few minutes of surging, it settles into its 1000rpm idle.

My question concerns the Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator you see in the photo that is mounted to the old A/C bracket. I know my O2 sensor is disconnected and supposedly so is my frequency valve. I assume that the aftermarket FPR is doing the job of the frequency valve but this is where my knowledge gets a bit hazy.

Does this mean my system runs at a constant fuel pressure warm and cold? There's only an in and an out fuel line on the FPR so I can't imagine it does anything but hold a consistent pressure.

My second question concerns the idea of leaning the mixture out. With the frequency valve disconnected as well as my lambda sensor, can I safely lean the car out a little bit to achieve a little more acceptable MPG? Or is this the price I pay by having the aftermarket FPR ?

Thanks for any thoughts you guys may have!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Just add lightness...

Garage
The FPR clearly doesn't belong there. Can you explain better where it connects to ?
Old 02-12-2014, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the reply - I'll see if I can get better pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Alright I had a chance to snap a few pictures - The fuel line comes into the FPR and then goes into the front of the fuel distributor. Any ideas where I can find a schematic of the fuel system on the lambda CIS system?

Here are the photos:

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Some more pictures.........

MB,

I'm just curious to see where the two (2) fuel hoses from the FPR are connected. The pictures you posted are helpful but like to confirm where these hoses connect to. One seems to connect to the back of the FD (?) and the other goes somewhere. Thanks.

Tony

Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
aeromotive , cis , fuel pressure regulator