Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smoky Mountain Region PCA

Garage
Plastic guides necessary for sunroof air deflector hinges?

My '82 911SC's sunroof air deflector seemed to work smoothly and properly. Unfortunately, the outermost hinge (driver's side) recently broke. In looking for a replacement, I've learned that there were originally plastic guides that ?clip-on? the hinges. They were not on my car and I didn't realize they were supposed to be there - like I said, the air deflector seemed to operate OK! However, I DID have the plastic clips that go on the leading edge of the sunroof that push the hinges down as the sunroof closes.
My question is this: Are those plastic guides on the hinges really necessary? They seem redundant with the other plastic clips on the sunroof. Like I said, my deflector seemed to work fine! I know the obvious answer is "if it was designed that way, yes, they're necessary!" Just wondered if it is common to be missing these and if maybe that led to the broken hinge - it's just chromed pot metal! On the other hand, is it common to be missing the guides and not have any problems?
Thanks,
John
Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smoky Mountain Region PCA

Garage
(bump)
Anyone with an opinion about the plastic guides on the hinges???
John
Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
deflector , guides , plastic , sunroof , wind