Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rennline floorboard install

Just received my new Rennline floorboards, Does anything need to be done to the pedal assembly to get the driver side floorboard into place, I tried very quickly and it seems like I need to remove/reinstall the gas pedal.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
My 87

On my 87, the floorboard doesn't even cover the acc pedal screws/floor fasteners.
I don't have to remove anything, floor carpet is out.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Probably need to pop the accel pedal off the push rod. At least that's how the stock board and even the carpet works.

Todd
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddu View Post
Probably need to pop the accel pedal off the push rod. At least that's how the stock board and even the carpet works.

Todd
Yup, just pop the pedal off the push rod and you should be good to go. Of course, it's no big deal to remove the two screws holding the pedal to the floor also and remove it for cleaning, etc...
Old 09-10-2014, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Straight shooter

Garage
I transferred my pedal stop from the stock floorboard to the Rennline piece. Drill the rivets, then attach to Rennline with small bolts with nylock nuts.
“Of the value traps, the most widespread and pernicious is value rigidity. This is an inability to revalue what one sees because of commitment to previous values. In motorcycle maintenance, you MUST rediscover what you do as you go. Rigid values makes this impossible.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
Old 09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys! I'll give that a try this weekend.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Sometimes a picture will help !!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
you see Arthur...

in my 82, with Rennline pedals, I had to remove and pop of the go fast pedal as well as the bake and clutch pedals(aluminum covers only) Simple install, and so glad I did. Wooden floor boards were past it
00 ML 55 AMG
Santa Cruz Bullit
Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I finally got around to installing the floorboards this weekend it looks great, very happy!!! One problem I appear to have now is the throttle pedal doesn't seem to have full range. Do I need to shave the pedal stop off the back of the pedal?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Can you post a picture or two of the finished product?
Old 09-21-2014, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Go whole hog and get the pedal set now. The gas pedal adjusts 100 ways (well, a lot). Looks great too.

Todd
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
non-whiner

If you install the dead pedal, trim the tang off the left side of the drivers floor board so you can remove the floor board without removing the dead pedal. Saves a bunch of time. Here's mine. In the second picture, you can see how the bottom left edge appears to go under the dead pedal, but with the tang trimmed, it is easy to remove the floor board.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
That looks great! I'm planning on getting the dead pedal and a new pedal set but until then I need to run my factory pedals. Does anyone know, do I need to trim the pedal stop on the gas pedal to make it work with the rennline boards. My gas pedal has a 1in or so stop on the back
Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Well, you want the pedal to hit the stop just before the linkage is pulled tight, so you don't overstress the linkage. Some trimmimg may be required. You'll have to be the judge of that, since none of the rest of us are anywhere near your car. Have someone floor the pedal while you look at the linkage on the motor.

JR
Old 09-22-2014, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

No...do NOT trim pedal stop. There are adjustments in linkage at both pedal and engine compartment.
1997 Buell Cyclone cafe project
1998 Buell S1W: "Angriest motorcycle I've ever ridden."
Old 09-22-2014, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

I was thinking more in terms of where the pedal ends up (foot position) than anything else. I've never screwed around with aftermarket floor boards but if the one he installed is causing him to hit the pedal stop early, I would be interested in trimming it. If it's not, then it's a moot point anyway.

JR
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
I'll take a look at it tonight when I get home. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Here is adjustment on pedal end of linkage

1997 Buell Cyclone cafe project
1998 Buell S1W: "Angriest motorcycle I've ever ridden."
Old 09-22-2014, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: