Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Straight shooter

Garage
I hope people take the time to use google to search for telephone numbers before they send money out. This is the only way to get out in front of the scam.

Do you think the picture of the Mercedes with a species of cactus only found in Arizona is a tip off that this dealer in Florida is a scam?

386-951-4249
772-242-6004

(386) 951-4249
(772) 242-6004

“Of the value traps, the most widespread and pernicious is value rigidity. This is an inability to revalue what one sees because of commitment to previous values. In motorcycle maintenance, you MUST rediscover what you do as you go. Rigid values makes this impossible.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Last edited by Lapkritis; 03-11-2015 at 03:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2015, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #401 (permalink)
Straight shooter

Garage
Anyone who cares to help:

Please report new, fraudulent sites discovered to the hosting company using this email:

admin@dealerplatform.com

They'll take down any fraud sites reported and confirmed.
“Of the value traps, the most widespread and pernicious is value rigidity. This is an inability to revalue what one sees because of commitment to previous values. In motorcycle maintenance, you MUST rediscover what you do as you go. Rigid values makes this impossible.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #402 (permalink)

From the sheriff in Florida

Received this email from the Seminole County FL Sheriff

"I have received several calls/complaints in reference to this website. The dealership is not located at this address in Sanford. They conduct all of the transactions via wire transfers and the money is quickly withdrawn from the accounts. I have contacted the banks and advised them of the fraudulent activity and I have contacted the host for the website. It appears they just keep opening new bank accounts and changing the name slightly using different sites to host. So far I do not have any victims in Seminole County and the crime is not occurring in Seminole County. The information received from previous transactions is the bank accounts were opened in Pennsylvania under different business names. Foreign passports were used as identification when accounts opened, unknown if fake IDS. Hope this information helps."

I spoke with the FBI yesterday. There is an FBI website where we can report this. If there are enough reports and enough $$ at stake THEN MAYBE the FBI will open a case. Basically the internet crime is so prevalent there is not enough man power to cover it. Our tax dollars are wasted. They will continue to get away with this.

The FBI site to file a complaint is WWW.IC3.GOV

Last edited by mrmcgoo96; 03-11-2015 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: add corrected information
Old 03-11-2015, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #403 (permalink)

August 2014 a friend sent a deposit for a 74, to this day the deposit money sent to this creep to a TD bank in Boston, is sequestered by TD bank at the request of BofA fraud dept.

he would have lost $15K more the day I came by to say hi an "watcha buying?"
I quickly did a VIN search and an image search and found the same ad in 5 other CL cities. Needless to say I stopped him in the Nic of time.

It appears to be the same M.O and gang.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #404 (permalink)

fraud

All 3 of these 356 have been offered to me in the last 2 months. All priced stupidly cheap, all scams. No email answered, no phone calls taken.
White one supposedly in Colorado, but his bank was in Fla.
The Red C coupe was supposedly in Crescent City. Told him I was on my way with cash.......no response.
The Red A Cpe was in Fla. I know 2 people that lost deposits on this one.
Beware.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #405 (permalink)

Garage
Has anyone done a "reverse number lookup"? I just did one for 407 545-6244 and it comes up in Orlando, FL. However you need to join the membership club to access the physical location. It is listed as a landline.

Just wondering - did a quick scan through this post so I don't know if anyone ever did it.

Proud Owner of a 78 911 SC Targa

"A Porsche does more then just go fast in a straight line"
Old 04-13-2015, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #406 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
Has anyone done a "reverse number lookup"? I just did one for 407 545-6244 and it comes up in Orlando, FL. However you need to join the membership club to access the physical location. It is listed as a landline.

Just wondering - did a quick scan through this post so I don't know if anyone ever did it.
I did it a couple months ago and got a physic address. Cole street I think. I then traced the name to three PO boxes in the area.

Its not how fast you go...its how you go fast
Old 04-14-2015, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #407 (permalink)

Garage
James,

If you have the PO boxes you can go to the post office for $1.00 and they will give you the address. That applies all across the country. I don't know if you can call down to the PO and tell them what's going on they may give you the info.

If you have a Police report that may help. Give them as much detail as you can. Anyone who gets a PO box from the PO has to have a physical address.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)

I would almost guarantee that it will be the same dummy address they used on the fake title, the bank accounts, their advertising etc.
1963 356B T6 Coupe / 1962 356B T6 Cabriolet
Current projects - 1955 356 pre-a Speedster / 1964 356C
Old 04-15-2015, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #409 (permalink)

Garage
Laurence

Give it a try - you have nothing to lose. It's would be worth the phone call just to see if they can help you.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #410 (permalink)

Garage
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4978712229.html

I smell Smokey.............. FL number
Old 04-15-2015, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #411 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spb350 View Post
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4978712229.html

I smell Smokey.............. FL number
It's a "dream to drive..." In that if you think you'll ever get to drive it after sending $17500, you're dreaming.
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)

I hate bumping an old thread, but I live in Orlando and I'm fairly active in the car community in town - something like this absolutely sickens me. Is there anything I can do as a local? Wonder if I sent him a $50 deposit for a car the Seminole county sheriff office would then be involved.

I'm sorry for bumping this, but came across while looking at some things, and as I mentioned, being a local this absolutely disgusts me.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #413 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I've read through this a few times, and these scumbags need to be shut down soon. Leaning towards European or perhaps Asian location, as it's a bit too sophisticated for Nigeria I'd say. Sure looks off shore. If anyone needs to report a possible on line crime (including auctions & sales fraud) start with the local LE complaint and then file a complaint at:
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). They accept online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. They need accurate and complete information on the complaint:
•Your name
•Your mailing address
•Your telephone number
•The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
•Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
•Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #414 (permalink)

Garage
Millakins try and contact him and see if he will meet with you to see one of his cars. Notify the sherif and maybe you could do a "sting" operation.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #415 (permalink)
winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
Millakins try and contact him and see if he will meet with you to see one of his cars. Notify the sherif and maybe you could do a "sting" operation.
As the "seller" has no cars to sell meeting him to see a car is a non starter. Your best bet would be to say something like, "I don't have time to see your car as I have to leave immediately for business, can I meet you on the way to the airport to give you a cash deposit."

This seems like a relatively sophisticated scam so the chances of a meeting are slim, but perhaps their greed would allow for some sort of sting.

Good luck to the OP and others impacted by the bastards.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #416 (permalink)
Registered

I think that someone is going to have to put down a deposit on a car and the FBI and bank will have to be involved in the deal ahead of time, so they can either nail whoever shows up to initiate a wire transfer, or if the transfer can be initiated electronically, they need to follow the money trail to see where it ends up.

JR
Old 05-12-2015, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #417 (permalink)
Registered

Stop sending money and the scams will stop. You want a porsche or any other car get yourself on an airplane and go check it out in person.The FBI is too busy hunting Isis cells to be bothered with a handful of people getting ripped off buying sports cars.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #418 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
It's a good thing this scammer isn't sophisticated enough to use a computer and monitor all of these comments about him.

Oh, wait...
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 05-12-2015, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #419 (permalink)
Straight shooter

Garage
Guy Sells Fake Cars Online, Ends Up On FBI's Most Wanted List

Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #420 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: