Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Chain fence eating turbo

Nice find!

Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 07-08-2015, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)
Hey, nice marmot.

Garage
$1M reward.

This just got REALLY interesting.

You hear that Popescu?

Somebody is going to wake up the gimp and then they are coming after you with a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' fellas that will go to work with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch for that kind of scratch.

You sleep easy now, ya hear?

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #422 (permalink)

Likely many of these scum bags out there. Lets hope this is the one associated with this thread.
86 GLHS
Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #423 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirwin View Post
$1M reward.

This just got REALLY interesting.

You hear that Popescu?

Somebody is going to wake up the gimp and then they are coming after you with a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' fellas that will go to work with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch for that kind of scratch.

You sleep easy now, ya hear?
nice pulp fiction reference. spot on, except a couple words...

damn, i need that Million.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #424 (permalink)
Hey, nice marmot.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
nice pulp fiction reference. spot on, except a couple words...

damn, i need that Million.
Great flick!

$1M would buy a real RSR or two.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #425 (permalink)

man, i looked into this guys name, he's been at large since like 2012. they tried to arrest him but he slipped away from them.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #426 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Very interesting thread. For all the Monday morning quarterbacking I've just read, I would bet most of us before reading this story would have considered it a legit deal when we got picture proofs of the car as we requested, with visual proof of the vin we expected, and a call from what we believed was our chosen & legit PPI mechanic. I thought one could buy cars sight-unseen if enough due-diligence was done, but this proves its probably not possible any more.

Its sad to lose trust in people. When I sold my SC a few years back to someone out of state, I felt kind of honored that he trusted me enough to not even see the car. (Of course he called me and had me turn on the car and asked special questions, but if I was a crook I probably could have faked it).

I sympathize with the OP, & hopefully the culprit gets caught but I have a feeling there would be hundreds to take his place.
83SC Euro w/77 3.0 Carerra Eng.--sold
Several other daily drivers not worth mentioning...

Last edited by jwakil; 07-08-2015 at 02:03 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #427 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Sorry to bump an old thread, just to summarize how the buyer actually got scammed.

Buyer was provided specific requested photos and spoke to someone at supposed PPI shop, and this was confidence enough to wire the money.

The scammer sent copied photos of the car. Scammer never had possession of the car. How was the scammer able to provide specific photos requested by the buyer?
It was blind luck that buyer only requested common photos (undercarriage, the VIN, and door jamb plate) that the scammer just happened to have access to in the main trove of stolen pics. This really did make it look like scammer owned the car.

The buyer told the scammer to get the car inspected at a random shop. Buyer called a random shop in the area, and said to expect to see the 911 brought there. Car never gets to the shop since there is no car. Just stolen photos. After a day or two passes, the scammer had an accomplice call the buyer and pretend that was the shop. Area code matches, but the phone number does not. Buyer missed this.

Buyer send money.

Moral of story. Can't trust photos. Can't trust phone calls. Ask seller to send you a VIDEO of seller's face and the car, and seller saying your first name.

Last edited by sugarwood; 05-10-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-10-2020, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #428 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Moral of story. Can't trust photos. Can't trust phone calls. Ask seller to send you a VIDEO of seller's face and the car, and seller saying your first name.

Well seeing as the scammers are using Skype phones , a Skype video call seems obvious

I was making a purchase a couple of years ago now and my preferred Mode of communication is sms text .
As it was blue , the seller knew I was on an iPhone so asked to FaceTime me .
Weirdest thing at the time ...

What was weirder was when I said Id text him my adress and he said I allready know it

The whole deal was VERY interesting !!!
A pain in the arse , but very interesting .

Old 05-11-2020, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #429 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: