Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
LED Brake Lights

Thanks, ordered and should arrive on Wed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-01-2017 at 08:07 PM..
Old 10-01-2017, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #661 (permalink)

New projects are LED boards for the TR6 and Spitfire.

Interestingly when I made the first boards and shared online, received many comments on why I used the bulb bases with handles. Turns out the bulb sockets on the TR6 and Spitfire suck and I'm being gentle. These boards come with spade connectors for power and ring terminals for ground.

Also Triumph uses black wires for ground whereas Porsche uses brown wires for ground.

Beautifully restored TR6 belongs to a colleague's brother. LEDs on rear for brake, turnsignal, and reverse.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #662 (permalink)

Garage
Are there any LED replacement bulbs for fog lights? I know the fog lights are pretty useless, but since I have Spoke’s other LED’s and J Audette’s headlights I would like similar lighting for the fogs.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #663 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerkes View Post
Are there any LED replacement bulbs for fog lights? I know the fog lights are pretty useless, but since I have Spoke’s other LED’s and J Audette’s headlights I would like similar lighting for the fogs.
looks like our fog lights use h3 bulbs -- plenty of h3 led fog light bulbs options showed up on google --
Old 10-05-2017, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #664 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
LED Brake Lights

Turn/DLR LED sexiness thanks to Spoke.

Thanks for the Fog LED tip.

Cheers

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #665 (permalink)

Ooo.. The front turn signals are available with black circuit boards now?!

BTW I love having LED bulbs. Accidently left my parking lights on for 2 hours this weekend and the car still started up. Pretty sure incandescent would have killed the much smaller than stock battery.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #666 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Garage
LED Brake Lights

That's good to know.... didn't even think about that little nugget.

It's killing me not having the car ready for power. I want to turn these bad boys on so I can bask in their magnificence.

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-06-2017 at 06:15 AM..
Old 10-06-2017, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #667 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggert View Post
BTW I love having LED bulbs. Accidently left my parking lights on for 2 hours this weekend and the car still started up. Pretty sure incandescent would have killed the much smaller than stock battery.
I'm sure that if you have a small battery, it would help. Back in the day, I left my dad's Westfalia lights on by accident all night. That thing had the same battery as what was stock in my 911 and with just the running lights on (headlights shut off with ignition like the 911s) it still started up.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #668 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: