Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

great looking seats!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Too funny......that my 930!!

Glad you posted it up. Currently it's gettin ROW exhaust "update". Will get some more pics.

I think it looks even better than what pics show.......the light makes it look a little "off" especially the cork color.

Thanks to Bob (Robert Budd) Classic 9 Leather Shop. He was a gentleman to work with and would highly recommend. He did the carpets, seats, all the panels, and dash. Very fair price and best craftsmanship I could ask for. I've worked with many people on many projects and as you know it can sometimes be a disappointment in terms of deadlines, expectation, etc. He exceeding all of mine.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
I hope I am not hyjacking this discussion. How about seats like these, very rare, for a '76 Carrera?
What would these cost to do?

68 Shelby 500KR
78 Ferrrari 308
Old 12-19-2015, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzini View Post
Too funny......that my 930!!

Glad you posted it up. Currently it's gettin ROW exhaust "update". Will get some more pics.

I think it looks even better than what pics show.......the light makes it look a little "off" especially the cork color.

Thanks to Bob (Robert Budd) Classic 9 Leather Shop. He was a gentleman to work with and would highly recommend. He did the carpets, seats, all the panels, and dash. Very fair price and best craftsmanship I could ask for. I've worked with many people on many projects and as you know it can sometimes be a disappointment in terms of deadlines, expectation, etc. He exceeding all of mine.
Plus one on Bob. I just did my dash with his shop. Good stuff.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

In progess.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Nice!

Wow!!^^^
Freaking awesome seats and tartan!
Specially those early sport seats, congratulations.
MD
Old 12-28-2015, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswannabe View Post
As noted above, you are not limited to factory offerings. I did mine in Maclean clan (my wife's family) hunting tartan, because it was a great match to the factory Irish Green.

Beautiful! I had a green '69 T that same color and miss it for many reasons. I recently picked up a '79 hotrod and have started work to backdate to '74 Carrera/IROCish look. Searched around and found authentic Scottish Tartan wool and just got the fabric. Time for some door and rear panels. Will swap out the pulls for grey or perhaps black. Changing carpet to rs grey felt and do some dash work and call the interior good.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Hi my car is gray. The pics are quick n dirty and the car isn't presentable either because the paint job was crappy. It's sanded and going to get one more coat. It's ugly but gray.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Here is the color, the bumper is representative. Plus a pretty woman.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Just did mine. Fabric from Lochcarron. Took me forever and 30 swatches to finally make the decision. I think it came out OK.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
really nice
Old 10-13-2017, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoducoing View Post
Very true, but it is also an acquired taste. Some years back I did not like it at all, later after I saw several of the Porsche Museum cars I began to appreciate it. One day I took a plunge and I discovered how much more I liked tartan or any fabric (specially wool) to leather or vinyl. My biggest surprise was how extraordinary it is at keeping the body fresh at high temperatures and warm at freezing ones. This is especially fantastic in cars that have no A/C. I no longer have a sweaty back after a long ride in plus 90 degree days, and that makes the car so much usable any day of the year. Also last winter in November 2014 during the first really cold day of the season I woke up early and decided to get into my car, I sat down and even in a cold cold morning the seats felt warm and cozy to the point that I decided to get rid of the heating in the car and go with the box-less headers instead. I would have never done that in a leather or vinyl clad interior. No wonder that to this day more than 80% of the cars sold in europe come with a fabric interior instead of leather, it is really not a cost issue they simply do not have the "fabric is cheap" stigma we do and know how much comfortable a car is without leather.
Cheers
MD
I much prefer fabric to leather or vinyl and I wish it was offered in more European cars sold here. I agree it is much more comfortable in hot or cold weather.

The manufacturers/dealers here in the US have the car buying public convinced that leather (at higher cost) is the material to have. If you want fabric you can only get it in the low end cars where as in Europe you can get it in many trim levels. I wish that were the case here.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Attached are photos of the Tartan interior in my '88 Carerra. Seats are Monte Carlos from GTS. The Tartan is Dress Stewart Modern. This version has the white sett (background). IIRC it is also available with red or blue sett. The square weave carpet kit is from Classic 9 Lather. If I did not have to pop the windows I would like to have a white/cream headliner.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Beautiful
Old 10-14-2017, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss4659 View Post
Attached are photos of the Tartan interior in my '88 Carerra. Seats are Monte Carlos from GTS. The Tartan is Dress Stewart Modern. This version has the white sett (background). IIRC it is also available with red or blue sett. The square weave carpet kit is from Classic 9 Lather. If I did not have to pop the windows I would like to have a white/cream headliner
I love this - I am passing on the door cards for now but down the road may do something similar
Old 10-14-2017, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoducoing View Post
I agree that too much Tartan can look over the top, specially if done in a color too bright and contrasting. Sometimes it works for me if the Tartan is very subtle or very close in hue to the rest of the interior, otherwise I like to keep the doors clear of the stuff.
Here is another project of mine with OEM Porsche wool in Recaro Sportsitz S

Where did you get that tartan? I need some to repair the seats on my 1978 SC
Old 10-16-2017, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

I used a Porsche color in a Marine Blue interior. Tony at Autobahn Interiors in San Diego restored the seats. Maybe the door panels in the future?
Old 12-30-2017, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Tartan Plaid 914 seats

Tony from Autobahn did these, I had him build up the side bolsters to make them "Sport seats" the material is "Roberts" from the Scottish weavers.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Here is another set in Roberts (Welsh) tartan from the Scottish Weaver, D'Eser sport seats reupholstered in blue leather by Howards Upholstery by Ken in Salinas CA

Roberts - 13oz Welsh Tartans - 60" Wide - 100% Wool Tartan Plaids

Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

I'm so pleased to see so many of you are Douglases and use our clan tartan
Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: