Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
911 SC 1980 // looking for original seat cover

Hi guys,

just registered myself in this forum - maybe someone can help me. Am living in Switzerland and have a 1980 SC Targo in indish-red.
I would like to get the car back to its original status. Currently an engine problem has been identified. cylinder 4 does not reach the compression. Engine will be taken out next week and opened. I guess, I will do as much I can afford ... - hence i put a lot of money in now, I decided to restore the car within the next years.
The seat covers are not nice any more and the drivers seat cover is broken. Also the vinyl on the doors is not nice and is cuttedt here and there.
The color is blue. It is called: cloth of uniform colour code 30C.

I checked already with Sitzklinik.de / werke924.de and alos the southbound motors. The original leather in blue is still available. But I would like to keep the car as it was delivery 35 years ago.
Does anyone has an idea where to get that cloth?

BR from Switzerland, Zimbo

Last edited by Zimbo; 06-07-2015 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-07-2015, 01:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome Zimbo
I searched extensively for 'Cloth of a Uniform Color' because my seats had been recovered, and I thought that was what had been in the car. (But then I was happy to discover in a box of parts that came with the car that the PO had kept a swatch of the original Berber tweed the seats had been covered in)
Gotta say if Sitzklinik, Werk924 and Southbound don't have it probably your only option is to find some NOS fabric (if that even possible) or buy some complete seats.

About a year ago when I was a looking I spoke to Sitzklinik and he said it Cloth of a Uniform color was going to be re issued. I guess that didn't happen.

First though, I would check your cars original spec, just to make sure it wasn't originally spec'd with one of the other fabric options.
Good luck !
Old 06-07-2015, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hi there,

thanks for replying.
I have the original delivery certificate and there it is stated, that the seats are in Uniform color, blue. Am sure, that the cloths of the seats are the original ones.
Its a long time ago, that I asked Sitzklinik. If he said, that the Cloths of a Uniform color will be re issued - it is worth a try. I will send them an email and ask.
Maybe I am lucky and I find someone who would sell the seats with that cloths. I don't need much. Just to fix the scratch in the driver seats.
BR from switzerland, Zimbo
Old 06-07-2015, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Zimbo,

Ask this company if they know of a supply:

Lakewell.com

JR
Old 06-07-2015, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was also going to suggest Lakewell.

It is close to where I live in Belgium. This is a small operation but from my visit I had the impression he has stock or knows how to get hold of all those weird Porsche fabrics...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Try;

WEST TRADING

I had good experience with them shipping the "PORS18271 911/912 TURBO, 4AD" material to the US. I needed that material to replace my driver's seat bottom. Perfect match, original Porsche material. But they only deal with professional upholstery companies.
65 912 Coupe Sold
62 356B Coupe Sold
Old 06-07-2015, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks! Already a couple of addresses to check out. I keep you in the loop!
BR, Zimbo
Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Guys -update:
Thanks to member sm70911 I have contacted Sitzklinik again ... - and luckily he was right: The cloth is re-isseud for a short time of period.
I got it!
:-)
BR from Switzerland,

Akis
Old 08-24-2015, 03:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Hi gus,
since I got from that forum a really good hint for the cloths of my 911 3.0 SC Targa ... some updates about the ongoing restauration ... it is in german but the pics says more than a thousend words!
: )
Have a look: Restaurierung Porsche 911 - Porsche 911 SC Restaurierung

best regards from switzerland,

Zimbo
Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: