Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Carerra Emblem question

was washing my car today and noticed the Carerra text on the engine lid is pulling off. Just the 'C' so far but I don't want to temp some passer-by to yank it off 😄

What's the best/proper adhesive to reattach?

Thanks!
Carl
Old 07-16-2015, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Its just glue. You can try double sided adhesive tape but the best Iīd suggest is 3M Plastic and Emblem adhesive. The most difficult job if you are not going to remove it totally with a hair dryer will be to get behind the "C" to clean the old adhesive off the back and make sure the deck lid is clean for reattachment. Donīt use to much to avoid messy overspill.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Undocumented User

Garage
Take it all off put new adhesive as prescribed and then put it back on. it's relatively easy with a hair dryer on high and a string of dental floss or fishing line to get under it and slowly pull off on the badge.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Mine started to come off. I used dental floss to cut it off completely. I made a template to be sure I could get it back in the same position. I took it to a local vinyl place and had them make me a sticker that look the same. I replaced the emblem with the sticker. It is hundreds of times easier to wax the decklid now.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just be careful when taking it off as they don't make the silver coloured original ones anymore. They only come in black now.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Save it and put a vinyl decal on.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Put my "Carrera" on with 3M double sided tape.

Still there 14 yrs later
Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: