Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Intro my 89 Targa - Wide and Boosted

Picked her up November of last year. Previous owner added a few goodies, but most of the mods/fixes fell well below acceptable.

Wants to thank our host quality products that ship extremely fast and all the helpful info the forum has to offer.

Steel wide body
Paxton SC
RSR kit
BBS RS Wheels - BMW offset and too narrow for the wide body

What she looked like when I drove her home

I had my project list lined up and have been working on it since.

Heres the most recent picture I have.

Heres the list that never ends.

Bring all maintenance up to date
RS carpet kit
Ducktail - Thank you Gary Stratton for your turbo duck!
Al ikosmal grill
Get rid of the extra stereo crap.
RS door panels
Remove AC system
Prototipo wheel and 917 style shift knob
Rennline goodies (pedals, floorboards, strut bar)
Refreshed seats, targa top and dash
H4s
Refresh alternator fan and shroud
Kodiak race wheels 9 x 11.5
Brembo GT Kit

Last edited by mike27t; 07-21-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Old 07-21-2015, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Last edited by mike27t; 07-21-2015 at 02:00 PM..
Old 07-21-2015, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Old 07-21-2015, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
yep, im slow in the head

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to carslutt
looks like your well on the way to a nice car. how does the body look underneath where the panels were cut/welded? since you say the car "mods/fixes fell well below acceptable" i wonder how well the conversion was done.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carslutt View Post
looks like your well on the way to a nice car. how does the body look underneath where the panels were cut/welded? since you say the car "mods/fixes fell well below acceptable" i wonder how well the conversion was done.
Thanks, A few subtle changes have begun to transform the look of the car.

Surprisingly the welded fenders are done really well. Ive had a few shops look at it and all of them have complimented the finish (both exposed and underneath). Some of the disappointments included - Use of dry wall screws, hack job wiring work, some really strong adhesive used in various areas on the original dash.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
All nice changes. Car looks way better.
'71 914-6 #0372
'16 Audi S3 DD
'17 Macan GTS
Old 07-21-2015, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo94507 View Post
+1. I'd go a little further and say the changes have really transformed the car. It's amazing how a few things (tail, rockers, wheels) can give a car a totally different look. I'm curious how it would look with a brushed Targa bar.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Great looking Targa - no small feat! Love to see Targas get the treatment. Targas are inherently more fun to drive and yours has the go to match the show! Tartan inserts look fantastic. Hope u drive the balls off that sucker!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I love what you have done. Especially taking the radio amp and A/C out.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo94507 View Post
Thank you, dont understand what the previous owner was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post
+1. I'd go a little further and say the changes have really transformed the car. It's amazing how a few things (tail, rockers, wheels) can give a car a totally different look. I'm curious how it would look with a brushed Targa bar.
I contemplated brushed early in owning the car, but after adding the wheels, rear grill, carrera decal, I think ive passed the point of no return and brushed might look out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tista View Post
Great looking Targa - no small feat! Love to see Targas get the treatment. Targas are inherently more fun to drive and yours has the go to match the show! Tartan inserts look fantastic. Hope u drive the balls off that sucker!
hahaha.. I can appreciate that. Living in Socal, a Targa was a no brainer. Yeah, it has some pick up, which earned me speeding ticket a few weeks ago (my last ticket was 13 years ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungspike View Post
I love what you have done. Especially taking the radio amp and A/C out.
Thank you. I usually take it out early on the weekends. Living near the coast with the top down is all the AC I need.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: