Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lovely, when do you expect to have it on the road?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketWrench View Post
The only other significant thing was most of the inside has been soundproofed prior to putting in extra soundproofing at significant points.

So its all going well, and the next stage will be headlining, carpets, rear-seat-delete, audio and fitting of the seats....

Quite a lot really...
Your seats are absolutely phenomenal....

And I must ask, what is this sound deadening material. Where is it purchased, and how large can you get the sheets?

Last edited by carwash; 02-26-2016 at 05:10 AM..
Old 02-26-2016, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #242 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to RocketWrench
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwash View Post

And I must ask, what is this sound deadening material. Where is it purchased, and how large can you get the sheets?
I don't actually know, but I will find out.The guys at Awesome Trim had a load left over from a previous job and lined the inside with the black stuff. On top of that I will add some Silent Sheet, which is a cheaper version of Dynamat. As far as I know, the black stuff comes in quite large sheets.

Thanks for the comments on the seats, they have turned out better than I imagined.

I'm so impressed with the seat design that I have bought two more pairs off eBay, but desperately looking for some Recaro Rallye 2 seats.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #243 (permalink)

Garage
There are a few things I am still struggling with:

1. Chrome rear grill.
2. Someone to change my clock faces and glass.
3. A better gear surround as Lady Wrench keeps calling the rubber one a bog plunger.
4. LED lights that fit the rear lights and LED headlights, but slight concerns about cost effectiveness of these.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #244 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Comerford View Post
Lovely, when do you expect to have it on the road?
Hi Ian,

Just don't know yet due to Awesome expanding to their new workshop, but still waiting for LED lights for the top of the rear windscreen.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #245 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:

1. Chrome rear grill.
3. A better gear surround as Lady Wrench keeps calling the rubber one a bog plunger.
4. LED lights that fit the rear lights and LED headlights, but slight concerns about cost effectiveness of these.

1) Me too. I want a 3 bar chrome one that fits an SC deck lid.
2) Nichols Speedometer in Greensboro, NC (closer than the West Coast guys). Ask for Charlie. He and Hartmut from North Hollywood were THE VDO guys back in the day. Spoke to Charlie this week and told me how he and Hartmut used to trade parts. Good guy.
3) Go naked.
4) ???
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 02-26-2016, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #246 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

1. Chrome rear grill.

Your car, your build so just my thoughts,

1 yes if you have chrome headlight trim, black if you don't
2 the style of an English gentleman's wrist watch face, less Germanic font
3 matching brown leather surround
4 not sure about these, my feeling they will look too modern to the rest of your build theme

the seats look lovely but for me I'd be thinking of a way to tone down the shine as a slightly worn lived in look might soften up their appearance
1994 Toyota 4Runner Gen 2
Old 02-26-2016, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #247 (permalink)
Eng-o-neer

I like the bog plunger! In fact, I'm in the market for a black one in the hopes that it will cure the slight rattle my shifter seems to have.

The 915 looks pretty good naked, by the way. Worth a shot, though a matching leather-bag style boot would fit the description of gentleman scoundrel a bit better.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #248 (permalink)

Garage
Looking great! So glad you went through with the oak green. Here is mine in the sun.

Last edited by Uncle Enzo; 02-26-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Old 02-26-2016, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Enzo View Post
Looking great! So glad you went through with the oak green. Here is mine in the sun.
That color with your interior is really nice looking!

David
Old 02-26-2016, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #250 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post
1) Me too. I want a 3 bar chrome one that fits an SC deck lid.
2) Nichols Speedometer in Greensboro, NC (closer than the West Coast guys). Ask for Charlie. He and Hartmut from North Hollywood were THE VDO guys back in the day. Spoke to Charlie this week and told me how he and Hartmut used to trade parts. Good guy.
3) Go naked.
4) ???
Thanks for the steer towards the clock guys, but I am in England and sending them their might be a bit of a stretch....?

Would going naked not risk the inside getting crap in it? Or does someone do ferrari-style gates?
Old 02-27-2016, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #251 (permalink)

Have you tried REAP Porsche Dials / Colour Guages - Reap Automotive Design

Ian
Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #252 (permalink)

1. Chrome rear grill. _How about a chrome mesh grille from Al Kosmal?- Custom Grilles - X-Faktory
2. Someone to change my clock faces and glass - currently getting a quote offf Julian Reap [Ian Comerford's Link] - he has done great work for a friend.
3. A better gear surround as Lady Wrench keeps calling the rubber one a bog plunger- get rid of boot completely and go

I've just fitted LED rear/brake lights from Spoke - here on pelican- great upgrade

here's the thread
LED Brake Lights

I'm currently talking with John Audette LED Headlights for Porsches | Audette Collection: The 911 Light Resource

also on here - about either trucklite or JW speaker LED headlight upgrades- have alredy tried HIDS from D- Zug - really crap- nearly startred a fire! - but you need lots of light in rural Ireland
Hope this helps?
Clive
Old 02-27-2016, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #253 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Comerford View Post
Thanks Ian. I tried calling them on Friday and got no response. I also tried a company in Holland, and a guy in the US that makes them for MX5s of all things. Not my sort of car, but I cannot fault his work:

revlimiter.net Store - 89-97 Miata/MX-5/Eunos Gauges

He wasn't overly keen on doing any for a 911 though...
Old 02-27-2016, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #254 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
1. Chrome rear grill. _How about a chrome mesh grille from Al Kosmal?- Custom Grilles - X-Faktory
2. Someone to change my clock faces and glass - currently getting a quote offf Julian Reap [Ian Comerford's Link] - he has done great work for a friend.
3. A better gear surround as Lady Wrench keeps calling the rubber one a bog plunger- get rid of boot completely and go

I've just fitted LED rear/brake lights from Spoke - here on pelican- great upgrade

here's the thread
LED Brake Lights

I'm currently talking with John Audette LED Headlights for Porsches | Audette Collection: The 911 Light Resource

also on here - about either trucklite or JW speaker LED headlight upgrades- have alredy tried HIDS from D- Zug - really crap- nearly startred a fire! - but you need lots of light in rural Ireland
Hope this helps?
Clive
Thanks Clive,

Im slightly concerned about the naked gear option, but will take a look when I get back to my car.

I did send a PM to Spoke, but judging from his thread, he is probably overwhelmed. Does he have a website or something, or some other retail outlet?

Now that I think about it, I don't really have any complaints about the H4s, and the only reason I want LEDs is to change the look, rather than any other reason...

The grill link you sent me is not the look I am going for though - I like the horizontal bars and just struggling to find one.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #255 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Enzo View Post
Thank you!

I'm delighted with it, and a lot of people had their doubts when I chose it. The paint guy phoned me once he mixed it up and asked "Are you sure?"

I think its an amazing colour and perfect for the windy roads of Britain and Ireland.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #256 (permalink)

I've got LumeTech supplied by RPM teknik in the UK. Not cheap at around 630 but absolutely fantastic light. I drive my car every day so this is as much about safety as anything else. The 630 option is for cars with a separate sidelight which you have in an IB.

I also went for a clear lens - but you can re-use the standard lens (but I imagine it would fuzz the edges a bit)

Here's what they look like on my car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2016, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #257 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwash View Post

The soundproofing is this stuff here:

Woolies Trim - Sound Damping
Old 02-28-2016, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladey View Post
I've got LumeTech supplied by RPM teknik in the UK. Not cheap at around 630 but absolutely fantastic light. I drive my car every day so this is as much about safety as anything else. The 630 option is for cars with a separate sidelight which you have in an IB.

I also went for a clear lens - but you can re-use the standard lens (but I imagine it would fuzz the edges a bit)

Here's what they look like on my car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that 630 for everything? Lights, frames, lenses etc? Is it also plug-in-and-play?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #259 (permalink)
Occasional User

Rocket: If you still have your sugar scoop headlight brackets, here is a mod that I did which combines h5 bracket with Porsche and hella parts. Plenty of light options with this - yellow, led, h4 with clear glass lens etc. All can be easily reversed, too.

H5 and sealed beam headlight conversion
1972 911E Silver, Pepita & Black - sold
Old 02-28-2016, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: