Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

SSIs with M&K 2 in 2 out- fairly loud- most folk like it though!
Come and have a listen at GRRC members- Jaffa will be in the chicane members car park ( next to auction) just think Jaffa cake (brown/orange) and you will find- with your custom black reflector too!
c

Last edited by anglophone1; 01-05-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #761 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to RocketWrench
Dave, the paint and metal magician got the dent out and now the finish is flawless.

I had a couple of hours to took the opportunity to remove the detritus from the sway bar and cut off the bushes.

The brackets are each different so Iíll replace the both.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #762 (permalink)

Garage
Then had a medical puppy emergency, and had to collect Kaiser from the Animal Hospital. Heís has a slipped disc.... both he and his daddy can now be grumpy old men together...

Old 01-12-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #763 (permalink)

Garage
You two have matching beards. Lovely dog; how will the vet treat his slipped disc? Your 911 continues to look great and I look forward to more about your engine refresh. Kind regards, John in CT.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #764 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeffries View Post
You two have matching beards. Lovely dog; how will the vet treat his slipped disc? Your 911 continues to look great and I look forward to more about your engine refresh. Kind regards, John in CT.
Hes had an MRI scan and spinal tap and its relatively minor, so he is on two weeks rest and medication. So far since yesterday he has brightened up quite a bit, so feeling confident that the vets got it right.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #765 (permalink)
"farking Porsche hero"

Garage
Great thread and great car!
'66 911 #303872
'07 Cayman
'58 Land Rover S2 88"
Old 01-14-2018, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #766 (permalink)

Garage
Yesterday I popped over to see Dave and my car. Dave has made some progress with the Ducktail....

Dave was incidently auditioning for a part in Wild Alaska and forgot to get changed before coming to work...
Old 01-20-2018, 12:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #767 (permalink)

Garage
I was thinking of having the Porsche logo on the tail upright, but in a pinstripe, and in a subtle colour, like a dark grey.

The other plan of mine was to remove all the rust from the exhaust, and to cut it open and rearrange the baffles for better sound. Does anyone know how to do this or has a link to exhaust modification?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #768 (permalink)
Open Highway Productions

Muffler Mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKN0ujaQcY

This is a episode from Home built by Jeff and he is very crafty.

or

Sport Muffler v2.0

Last edited by Mad Max; 01-20-2018 at 08:08 AM..
Old 01-20-2018, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #769 (permalink)
Eng-o-neer

Exhaust tuning is quite a bit of science...Drilling holes to make it "louder" will probably not make it sound better...

In my opinion, there's no need to advertise this car is a Porsche. I wish my car was devoid of Porsche logos. In the first place, Porsche isn't paying you. In the second...the 911 is literally the most recognizable car in the world. That said, it can maybe add a color accent...
Old 01-20-2018, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #770 (permalink)

Bob- See above - I have M&K 2 in 2 out on SSIs- good sound!
U.K. go to is either DANSK or Turbo Thomas who can make anything you want ( even switchable open pipes!)
See you at GRRC members
Clive
Old 01-21-2018, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #771 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
Bob- See above - I have M&K 2 in 2 out on SSIs- good sound!
U.K. go to is either DANSK or Turbo Thomas who can make anything you want ( even switchable open pipes!)
See you at GRRC members
Clive
It will probably turn out that I will buy a Dansk or Turbo Thomas, but I thought Iíd have a go at choppping up my current exhaust as it is.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #772 (permalink)

Garage
Today I started the engine tear down and as I only had a count one of hours I thought that getting the fuel system off would be an achievable goal.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #773 (permalink)

Garage
It had become a proper rodent house over the last 40 years...

Old 02-01-2018, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #774 (permalink)

Garage
Finally, got to start digging out the oily crap from the top of the engine. Obviously the cowl and everything else is coming off, but I didnít see any sense in dropping anything where I donít want it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #775 (permalink)

Garage
Got the fuel tank out today. It was a bit battered here and there and uncovered some rust. Dave is confident that he can repaint it with stone-chip paint that will cover all my amateurish grinding.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #776 (permalink)

Garage
I did wonder if itís worth saving as a new Dansk one is only £250...?

Then can the issue of the frunk interior. The previous owner had used a waxoil like substance to coat the bottom and itís quite sticky and vile. My current plan is to dig that out with gunk/jizer/petrol and then paint over the rusty parts. Iím reconsidering stripping out the whole trunk to repaint as itís a lot of work, and disproportionate to what I want to achieve.

Once again,another part of my car has been a home for critters at some stage...

Old 02-08-2018, 12:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #777 (permalink)

Not sure if you were thinking of upgrading your fuse panel with one of Jonny Hart's new versions but now's a good time whilst you have the fuel tank out. Itís much easier sitting in the well changing all of the lines over than bending over the wing and doing it upside down. Just a thought and the panel makes a big difference to electrical safety, performance and fault finding.

Ian
Old 02-08-2018, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #778 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Comerford View Post
Not sure if you were thinking of upgrading your fuse panel with one of Jonny Hart's new versions but now's a good time whilst you have the fuel tank out. Itís much easier sitting in the well changing all of the lines over than bending over the wing and doing it upside down. Just a thought and the panel makes a big difference to electrical safety, performance and fault finding.

Ian
Thanks. Do you have a link?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #779 (permalink)

Garage
My amateur metalwork continued today when I cut open the exhaust and gutted it. I watched the ďHomebuilt by JeffĒ episode in which he makes it look easy, and was expecting a double layered hull, but it was single layered which makes me think it wasnít the original exhaust.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #780 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: