Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to RocketWrench
The spot welds were particularly difficult to crack, so just cut around them with the grinder. Once it was open I found it stuffed with wire wool.

Like Jeff, I pulled out the baffle wire and got busy with my drill. How it has a significant number of breathing holes which will hopefully improve the sound and add a horsepower or two.

Itís not very elegant, and if anything itís a bit of an experiment. If it doesnít work Iíll just replace it.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #781 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketWrench View Post
Thanks. Do you have a link?
No problem, thereís a few here
New company and new products. 'Classic Retrofit' 911 Fuse Panel and CDI+ ignition.
See the light with upgraded classic Porsche fuse panels - Ferdinand
Welcome to Classic Retrofit
Old 02-12-2018, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #782 (permalink)

Garage
Excellent, thanks.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #783 (permalink)

Garage
The exhaust has been welded up, but I have to admit I didnít do it myself.d
Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #784 (permalink)

Garage
Iíve now decided against the plexiglass trim. It doesnít look right, it smudges and even light polishing leaves smears and scratches.

So have spoken to my boat builder and will have a veneered dash trim instead... just need to decide which one...

Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #785 (permalink)
Open Highway Productions

The three on the right look great, with the one at the very top being my first choice, IMHO.

Too many, really great choices...
Old 02-19-2018, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #786 (permalink)

Troll Hunter

Garage
"...my boat builder..."

Now there's a few words many of us have never spoken.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #787 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
"...my boat builder..."

Now there's a few words many of us have never spoken.
In the interests of full disclosure, I don't have a boat. The guy's name is Thomas, and he was the guy that turned the frame of my Rear Seat Delete into reality, before Greg did his magic with the leather and brightwork...

But I have no boats and not really interested in them either, but his craftsmanship is flawless...

Last edited by RocketWrench; 02-20-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Old 02-19-2018, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #788 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The three on the right look great, with the one at the very top being my first choice, IMHO.

Too many, really great choices...
These are the ones that are winning.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #789 (permalink)

Try and pull one of the closer colors to either of the two in the shift knob.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #790 (permalink)

Garage
Another thing that I have been worryingly spending too much time on is cosmetic silliness.

I have polished up a fire extinguisher and have designed a replacement label for it...

Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #791 (permalink)

That’s terrific- not silly at all!
Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #792 (permalink)

Love this build! Very inspiring.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #793 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketWrench View Post
Another thing that I have been worryingly spending too much time on is cosmetic silliness.

I have polished up a fire extinguisher and have designed a replacement label for it...

Cheesy. The payoff isn't worth the length of the read.

Interesting re work from the Plexi glass to veneer seems like a total 180. Will the design cues affected by it have to be re worked also ? Did you consider a different material thats more durable or did you just dislike the look ?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #794 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msort81 View Post
Cheesy. The payoff isn't worth the length of the read.

Interesting re work from the Plexi glass to veneer seems like a total 180. Will the design cues affected by it have to be re worked also ? Did you consider a different material thats more durable or did you just dislike the look ?
Cheesy unless you have a Brit (ironic) sense of humour ( notice spelling) in which case it’s perfect - the first line is a typo and should say stylishly- which explains it all and is clearly the watchword for this build!
C

Last edited by anglophone1; 02-21-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #795 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey356 View Post
Try and pull one of the closer colors to either of the two in the shift knob.
Good call
Old 02-21-2018, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #796 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
Cheesy unless you have a Brit (ironic) sense of humour ( notice spelling) in which case itís perfect - the first line is a typo and should say stylishly- which explains it all and is clearly the watchword for this build!
C
Nothing ironic about it. The cheesy 'Jeeves the Butler' advisory language is on the side of every other piece of trendy food packaging. Does the vintage extinguisher work ? If the cars about the details then make the details good. The language should be better.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #797 (permalink)

Quote:
Good call
Why ?
Why no stick with your original intent and have black wood. So you are not adding to an already paired down palette in the dash dash and knee pads.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #798 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msort81 View Post
Nothing ironic about it. The cheesy 'Jeeves the Butler' advisory language is on the side of every other piece of trendy food packaging. Does the vintage extinguisher work ? If the cars about the details then make the details good. The language should be better.
The car (and owner) are in the UK- different language- and sense of humour
Old 02-21-2018, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #799 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Cheesy unless you have a Brit (ironic) sense of humour ( notice spelling) in which case itís perfect - the first line is a typo and should say stylishly- which explains it all and is clearly the watchword for this build!
C
It was knocked together on PowerPoint, and I was using online font software and it didn't do punctuation and I'm too dumb to figure out how to put it in my laptop so they are cut and paste.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #800 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: