Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Headight trim conversion on 86 Carrera

I own a '86 3.2 Carrera and would like to convert the wide headlight trim rings to the narrower style. Is there a conversion kit or parts list available to make the conversion? What is the difficulty level? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
84 911 3.2 Coupe

Garage
It's not just the trim rings, you need to replace the entire headlight assembly with either the euro assembly or the later ('87-94?) US H5 assembly. The assemblies are available with either chrome or black epoxy coated rings. If you want them painted to match the car, some will disassemble the new assemblies and paint the black rings, or you can buy primed, paintable trim covers that will fit either chrome or black rings.

"Honestly now, did you spend your youth dreaming of someday owning a Nissan or Mitsubishi?" - Porsche ad from early '90s
Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the rep;y
Old 09-30-2015, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I got my gorgeous restored H4s from Jim Audette in Oregon. Jim is a restorer of these old assemblies and just does beautiful work. There could be a bit of a wait, but it's well worth it.

H4’s – Restoration & Refurbishment | Audette Collection: The SWB 911 Light Resource

Rob
1982 924 White, SOLD long ago
1966 912 Red, SOLD, totaled a week later by its new owner
Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
I got my gorgeous restored H4s from Jim Audette in Oregon. Jim is a restorer of these old assemblies and just does beautiful work. There could be a bit of a wait, but it's well worth it.

H4s Restoration & Refurbishment | Audette Collection: The SWB 911 Light Resource

Rob
or you can buy them new -- our host sells these -- Pelican Parts - Product Information: 911-631-113-00-OEM
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I'm confused about our host's products. The Porsche brand H4 is priced $364.xx and the Czech AL version is $397.xxWhy the price difference. I bought the Porsche unit and it looks the same as the AL. Same AL logo(not Bosch).
Chris J
Old 10-03-2016, 01:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
Most likely Porchse bought in bulk and reselling them to Pelicans for less where as AL direct must charge more to keep the bigger customer happy???

Just like Pelican's vendors if you try to go direct to them they will charge MSRP usually higher than Pelicans. Classic Retail and Wholesale pricing.

I noticed some Porsche parts are cheaper here than at the dealer. :-) I am not complaining.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 10-03-2016, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: