Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Go Gators!

Garage
It's an '81. Nice options; factory spoilers (not the duck, a black-based whale), sport seats, LSD, 16" Fuchs. Originally a SoCal car, then Dallas and now FL. I've done brake upgrades, 2 into 1 exhaust, 964 cams, etc. It has ice cold air, compliments of the PO which is great down here.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Cars Ruined My Life

welcome to the club. Nice color. Jelly
Old 11-16-2015, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Hi neighbor! I had a black '78SC back in the early 80s for a few years. Then moved up here and thought it would not fit (wrong) so I sold it...... still a car guy tho, and know about Cars and Coffee. Let me know when you will be there.
{garret_walther@sbcglobal.net)
Old 11-16-2015, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Registered

It's been a few months since I picked up the SC and I'm finally getting some time to devote to some TLC and upgrades. Lots of cleaning to start with and now getting to some hardware.

So far I've replaced the turn signal stalk, installed the Leland steering column bushing, installed a JWest eccentric and Momo Prototipo, added a fuse on the dash lights, installed the classicretrofit.com fuse panel and gutted the ancient/marginally functional stereo, badly wired amp and speakers. And I've got the headlight assemblies torn apart to clean up some corrosion and install H4 bulbs.

Next up is swapping out the voltage regulator, overhauling the shifter and linkage, troubleshooting the slow driver door window and doing heater back date...

Basic business for this crowd but fun way to learn the car. And getting boxes from Pelican is like extending Christmas indefinitely.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: