Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmbenson View Post
I've logged 40k miles in 4 years - and that's with Canadian winters
Basically a daily driver in summer except the beauty is I use my motorbike in town so don't have to do annoying bits with the 911.

I bought the car to enjoy and it is worth about double what I paid - that to me is nothing to strike fear but, in fat, the opposite - I can put that many more miles on and still break even!

Plus my car drives way better now as a lubricated and maintained Porsche than as a 1000 or less a year Porsche
Same as me, about 10K per year and in a part of Canada with one of the lamest driving seasons. Last week I took mine out to our place in BC and because of wildfires, accidents and general long weekend silliness what should have been 300 kms turned into a 1000 km odyssey. Car did't bat an eye, it gobbled up the road and passed many, many, many cars.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)

Garage
I drive my Targa (top down) everyday, but I generally take it home at lunch before the extreme heat/humidity sets in during these summer months. I have pretty good R-134 A/C, but nothing compares to these newer cars! And I generally avoid bad weather if I can just take the beater Tacoma instead. I will ALWAYS take it on a road trip if unless I need tons of space.

Targa top has not been on in the last few years, I'm fortunate to have a garage for it.

I was averaging 15-20k per year, but now I don't drive to Atlanta as much, so it's only about 5k; I really miss those drives, especially with that new express center lane on I-75!

Chuck.H
'89 M491 Turbo-look Targa, 440k miles, owned since 1991
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck.H View Post
I drive my Targa (top down) everyday, but I generally take it home at lunch before the extreme heat/humidity sets in during these summer months. I have pretty good R-134 A/C, but nothing compares to these newer cars! And I generally avoid bad weather if I can just take the beater Tacoma instead. I will ALWAYS take it on a road trip if unless I need tons of space.

Targa top has not been on in the last few years, I'm fortunate to have a garage for it.

I was averaging 15-20k per year, but now I don't drive to Atlanta as much, so it's only about 5k; I really miss those drives, especially with that new express center lane on I-75!

Chuck.H
'89 M491 Turbo-look Targa, 440k miles, owned since 1991

Read the whole thing enjoyed it, then read your sig and enjoyed it even more. 'The Targa' looks very sharp in your pics.

440k miles and almost 30 years. Fist bump, Chuck. Respect.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
This is the key.
Once it's tucked behind the treadmill, it's all over !!
Bwahahahhahaah. Right on.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Years ago my sister's dog jumped up on the engine lid shortly after it had got a professional spray paint.
The pup was just having fun.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the kind words SM - here's the downside to daily driving, you risk exposure to texting idiots driving into you. This was two years ago, everything is back in shape, I just need to paint the rear quarter panel (7 body panels (I'm including the bumper) got damaged, 6 are painted so far). It was back on the road within a month, but it took me 6 months to scavenge all the parts before I could start painting.

Chuck.H
'89 M491 TurboLookTarga, 440k miles
Old 08-09-2018, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)

I drive mine all the time but with a sbc conversion it is not exactly a candidate for being a garage queen! it is still a very nice car and with almost 600 chp a lot of fun to drive!!!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck.H View Post
..here's the downside to daily driving, you risk exposure to texting idiots driving into you....
I was walking to my garage one Saturday morning, intending to take my 993 on a short trip, but suddenly changed my mind and took the Subie instead. The car got rear ended a few minutes later.

Among other things, that feeling of unease every time I backed the car out of the garage, finally prompted me to sell it.

My late wife and I had a wonderful 6 years with it, but I've never looked back.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)
Dixie Region R Gruppe

Garage
I have to admit mine has stayed in the garage way more in the past 5 years than ever.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)
Banned for Life

Garage
My wife calls mine, the worlds most expensive cat bed. The cat adopted us a week and a half ago. The SC does get driven about 4 times a month but time shares with the 914-6 which is a great drive.

Rick S, '71 914 3.0, '82 911SC EFI, R Gruppe #309

Last edited by RSBob; 08-13-2018 at 06:33 PM..
Old 08-13-2018, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: