Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I like the sound! Does the stock muffler get replaced with a straight pipe, and the Bisimoto unit bolted to that? What does the extra smaller tube connect to?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
I love that sound too! But check out Bisimoto's video of that 3.2 fitted with the pulse chamber = 120dB. Thats LOUD

It bolts directly on the premuffler. The small tube (the pulse chamber) does not connect to anything, but you can use the bracket as an additional mount on the frame or engine.

Compared to my slightly modified stock muffler, the car does loose some low end torque but gains at the top and revs much easier now. Feels like +10hp or so on top. And because of the lesser pressure on the exhaust system - the engine will pop much more when using the engine brake. Not that I don't like that off course....... Plus a drop of approx 30lbs from the rear end. Nice!

We'll se if I need to change the mixture as well.

Oh and by the way, if you didn't get enough attention before.....now you certainly will!!! Join the dark side and get one now
Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
1500km through Southern Europe and she purrs like a kitten, uses no oil - and that SC front spoiler really changes the overall handling and stability of the car on the highway at +120km/h!!

Old 07-31-2016, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
If you ever have an opportunity to go to France in your vintage Porsche - GO!! And be sure to drive through Burgundy and visit every Chateau on your way, gradually filling the frunk with wine

Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Hey, nice. I dig your DIY spirit. I am doing something similar, but different. Did the SC spoiler bolt right up to that bumper or did you need to cut some out? On my project we definitely had to cut it.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 08-10-2016, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
yep - had to cut it in the middle to fit it. And had to modify a little in the sides as well to fit the bumper better.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nux View Post
yep - had to cut it in the middle to fit it. And had to modify a little in the sides as well to fit the bumper better.
Whew...Good! I feel better. ; )

SO how does it affect the handling at higher speeds? (And I like the exposed latches).
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Well, the car is very light at the front end due to the fiberglas backdate. Before fitting the spoiler, it became VERY light in the front end during +120km/h. It was actually to the point where it scared me a little when hitting 180-200km/h. After fitting spoiler: Total transformation. The downforce is very noticeable and the car is completely stable at high speed. Highly recommended.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
What an interesting day....

Got the car on a weight: 1030kg (2270lbs) with full tank. If I'm correct thats allmost 200kg (440lbs) lighter than stock 1978 Targa. Not bad!

Then drove to the dyno.....

This is engine power - not wheels. Must admit I thought it produced more hahaha. Guess I don't have those 964 cams but just standard low compression Max Moritz kit.

EFI (Bitzracing) is going on next month. Should be interesting!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
well haven't really done anything to the car in a couple of months - just driving and enjoying.

Winter is comming and the car is tucked away in garage, time for some wrenching

Decided the Bisimoto had to go. Became partly deaf on my left ear after a short drive. Supercool sound but 120dB was too much.

got a bargain on headers and a Dansk two-out muffler so....1000 $ later:

looks good I think

Last edited by Nux; 12-07-2016 at 03:31 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 03:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
Next up was a little engine cleaning. Cost me an afternoon of sanding and polishing (not too much) and some black heat resistant paint for 10 bucks:

To:
Old 12-07-2016, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
now to the really fun stuff

EFI is on its way on the kitchen table

Last edited by Nux; 12-07-2016 at 03:26 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

I love it.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Sooooooo.......a friend is selling these VERY light weight fiberglas doors, VERY cheap.

I may be unable to resist - call it a x-mas present

Saves >65LBS which means I will be below 1000kg (2200lbs)

Anyone with experience with fiberglas doors? On a Targa?
Old 12-10-2016, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Almost finished installing the Bitzracing EFI.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Very inspiring.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

I love that you're make it your own, on your own, and on a budget, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nux View Post
Sooooooo.......a friend is selling these VERY light weight fiberglas doors, VERY cheap.

Anyone with experience with fiberglas doors? On a Targa?
I'd be a little nervous loosing the side-impact protection.

Keep up the good work.

Tim K
Old 12-19-2016, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
This is so my instagram porsche of the day!!!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

I'd be a little nervous loosing the side-impact protection.
Thanks, yes I thought about that too. I'm not fitting a roll cage, but I have been thinking about some kind of protection bar - either in the door or in the chassis. But not sure if it actually will be of benefit for anything?
Old 12-20-2016, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

not a good idea at all with the glass doors. You would need a full cage with side protection to use them.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: