Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

H4 adjustment rubber/screws

Good day! So I made the leap to get the beautiful H4s for my 83 SC and in the process of painting the surrounds, the shop messed up the adjusters on the backside. The front adjustment screws utilize a rubber piece/button that fits into the aluminum shell and the adjuster slides into the rubber. All my rubber buttons are sheared or gone. The screws are fine. Is there a way to just purchase the rubber pieces?

cheers-
Old 06-29-2016, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Someone here has sold parts and rebuild kits for the H4 assemblies, but that's very expensive.

I had some silicone vacuum tube laying around, cut a few 1/2 inch lengths of that, crammed them into the holes on the frame and the adjusters fit beautifully in the center hole. Silicone will last forever compared to the old runner pieces.

Looking back at my amazon orders, it was 4mm silicone vacuum hose. You should be able to find a foot of that for a few bucks.

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 06-29-2016, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Mike - thanks. That is just the kind of fix I was looking for. No more headlights aimed towards the heavens!
Old 06-29-2016, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I found some available on the German Ebay site, I will see if I bookmarked it

They were about $3.00 shipping would be the killer

Lorne M.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

some previously mentioned some of the VW sites carry parts for H4's
Old 06-29-2016, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If this is the part missing or broken . Like Pazuzu said buy a piece of vacuum hose at any car parts store like Pep Boys. But I think 4mm diameter is too small. The hose in the picture is 7mm if you do not find metric hose buy a 5/16 hose.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Adjustment screw retainer

You could try using one of these on the screw, pushed back as far as possible to the ring

Old 05-16-2018, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: