Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrodri64 View Post
Hi Joe !
Two major hurricanes separated by two weeks stopped everything.
I don't even know where my friend is. (LOL)
Now in a more serious tone those hurricanes hit us really bad.
Regards.
Sorry! I just realized where you are. Geez! I hope things get back to normal soon.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #361 (permalink)

I have got my fingers and toes crossed this works well but need to hear from independent feedback on the install and operation...I look forward to ordering....good luck guys!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #362 (permalink)

There are a few US installs nearing completion. Most of the first batch went to shops though, who don't tend to post on here.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #363 (permalink)

Garage
Jonny maybe you could ask them to post, or ask the owners to give their feedback on the system?

At very least a quote or something, as you're a new vendor trying to get a system out there in the marketplace...pretty common as I'm sure you know
Old 10-13-2017, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #364 (permalink)

Garage
Jason,

I have completed work on repairing a blown head gasket on my truck, so I intend to focus on completing my new a/c install this coming week. Once done, what sort of information are you looking for (aside from general feedback in regards to the install experience)? I have a temperature sensor so I can take cabin temp readings, but what else are you looking to get? I am in northern Virginia just outside DC, so temps have already dropped to the 70’s so I certainly not know as to how it handles hot weather.

Regards,
David
Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #365 (permalink)

Hello Singapore?
2017 BMW 328i
Old 10-13-2017, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #366 (permalink)
web geek

Garage
Send a message via AIM to emptyo Send a message via Yahoo to emptyo
Id like to give one a go in the Grey Ghost for my IG and upcoming YouTube channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow Rennch on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rennch_app/
Old 10-13-2017, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyo View Post
Id like to give one a go in the Grey Ghost for my IG and upcoming YouTube channel.

Do IG and YouTube lack climate control?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #368 (permalink)
web geek

Garage
Send a message via AIM to emptyo Send a message via Yahoo to emptyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ851 View Post
Do IG and YouTube lack climate control?

Super funny. As they say, comedy aint easy. :-)

Seriously though, I just thought it would be cool to document the install. I thought it might help people in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow Rennch on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rennch_app/
Old 10-13-2017, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #369 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerkes View Post
Jason,

I have completed work on repairing a blown head gasket on my truck, so I intend to focus on completing my new a/c install this coming week. Once done, what sort of information are you looking for (aside from general feedback in regards to the install experience)? I have a temperature sensor so I can take cabin temp readings, but what else are you looking to get? I am in northern Virginia just outside DC, so temps have already dropped to the 70s so I certainly not know as to how it handles hot weather.

Regards,
David
I can't speak for him, but I'd be interested in feedback on the install, accuracy of instructions, quality/fit of the components, and how well the system works in the end.

I need to figure out AC by the spring (6 months from now) and I'd like to hear some reviews before ordering.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #370 (permalink)

Jonny H,

I have a lot of experience with auto as well as residential air conditioning.

If you are looking for a person in the Philadelphia area to install these I'd be interested in talking.
1969 911E targa Crystal Blue / Black
1968 SWB 912 "Stinger 912R 1677 lbs
Old 10-16-2017, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #371 (permalink)

Issue 1.2 of our install manual released today incorporating installer feedback and resolution of a couple of niggles.

Air Conditioning for Classic 911 - Classic Retrofit
Old 10-18-2017, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #372 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Any updates on installs? I’m in line for the next production run and will be attempting the install myself. I’m sure I’ll have some questions.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #373 (permalink)

Garage
I should have my install done this coming week. I have all the new a/c lines run and connected along with the on/off switch, along with the drier, fenderwell condenser and cabin hoses. All that remains are installing the hoses in the trunk.

Although it has taken me along time to complete my install, that is not a reflection upon the product, nor the installation instructions, but rather other activities competing for my time. I have also taken the time to replace my side and center vents as the foam on the flaps had long ago dry rotted. After having placed an order for new ones I played around with the old vents and I was successful at fully disassembling them, and I plan to replace the foam with rubber and either keep them as a spare, or list for sale.

I decided to mount my on/off switch in my center console, and chose to create a custom insert to house the switch, emergency flasher, rear window defroster, voltmeter and AFR gauge.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #374 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

^^^

Center console insert looks kickass (even sideways ) - nice work!
Old 12-09-2017, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #375 (permalink)

^. Looking good David. Good luck with the laptop pre-checks and charging.

We've got some feedback from some Porsche friends in Australia. They've been out in 35 deg C (95 F) heat and report good levels of cooling.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #376 (permalink)

Just checking after 18 pages of posts.

The current set-up requires a modification when you have fog lights in the bumper and large water bottle in the left fender for headlight washers. Correct?

Any updates forthcoming that will solve that issue?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #377 (permalink)

^. Yes, the recessed Carrera 3.2 fog light clashes with our condenser placement. The details are explained in detail in our install manual which you can download from our website. There's a link in post 372 above.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #378 (permalink)

Garage
Vereeken,

I chose to buy a RUF style front spoiler to replace my stock valence to avoid cutting the fog light bracket, and have a non-functional fog light. Since the RUF spoiler sits further way than the stock spoiler I was able to install the fog lights without trimming headlight. I realize it’s more money, but I wanted to avoid permanently modifying the stock valence. In regards to the current setup requiring the removal of the stock washer tank, you obviously wouldn’t have to do it if you installed the fenderwell condenser in the rear fender. However, that would entail running a long run of a/c hose similar to the original setup the full length of the car, but also would not be ideal for purposes of cooling. I was happy to lose the 30lbs of dead weight from my front fender, and didn’t have a problem replumbing the 2 windshield systems along with the headlight washers using the stock intensive windshield washer reservoir located in the frunk.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #379 (permalink)

Regarding a rear fender install (ahead of rear wheel), surprisingly it does not need that much more hose.

There's a car in Monterey which is being built this way. Awaiting pictures.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #380 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: