Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
NOW.... back on topic!! I got a message from Eisenmann today and sounds like there are promising developments with their 3.2 Carrera system with catalytic converters!! I'm sure there will be new news soon.

Already saw a picture from that devlopment, Mr. Eisenmann promised more
details during next days.
Seems they plan to offer a full Kit, heat exchangers+cat+muffler.
Not sure if that will be my choice, just hope they will offer the HEs separate.

Falk
Old 01-28-2017, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

I like the design but with my engine I can't use different cams unless it is a backdate to stay in the same class. Will just a larger throttle body (10%), extrude hone intakes matched to cylinder head and CAT by-pass pipe with SW chip (custom) be just as good? Will the Eisenmann exhaust make a difference without a cam change? Will intake changes be less effective without a cam change?
Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Speed Dog's Chauffeur

Garage
Tune to your motor?

Pipe size is tuned to the motor specs. I have a big valve 83 Euro 3.0 and my factory SSI is perfect for street & weekend track. Oversized exhaust can cause tuning issues for non-racing(full out) cars. Backpressure tuning is a necessary evil that must be courted like royalty. ENGINE COMPONENTS HAVE TO MATCHED!!!! DUH!!! Generally speaking bigger tubes will kill off low & mid range performance to get some more peak HP. Do you have the cams & heads that need the extra flow??? It is great CARS & COFFEE conversation but does it help or hurt your actual performance? It is your $$$ so make yourself happy. Do you have to come out of the canyon corners with some torque to stay on the road? This ain't drag racing folks. Spend your money as you see fit and make yourself happy.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG624 View Post
I like the design but with my engine I can't use different cams unless it is a backdate to stay in the same class. Will just a larger throttle body (10%), extrude hone intakes matched to cylinder head and CAT by-pass pipe with SW chip (custom) be just as good? Will the Eisenmann exhaust make a difference without a cam change? Will intake changes be less effective without a cam change?
Every change you do adds up. Different cams might be better, but the stock continues to make power when you free up the intake and exhaust.
The old SSI ARE a restriction for a 3.2 or a tuned 3.0.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Just received preview pics and dyno sheet, booth looks quite nice on first view.
Eisenmann asked me not to make them public because they are still working
on few details and prefer to show the whole thing when everything is ready inclusive
pricing and sound file.
Ok, one or two more weeks...

Falk
Old 01-30-2017, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk930 View Post
Just received preview pics and dyno sheet, booth looks quite nice on first view.
Eisenmann asked me not to make them public because they are still working
on few details and prefer to show the whole thing when everything is ready inclusive
pricing and sound file.
Ok, one or two more weeks...

Falk
This is great news; well done! Will it be possible to buy the heat exchangers and muffler separately (don't need a cat)? Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

I would like CATs and heat. This may make the price above $3000. If I only get 10 more HP that is $300 per HP. Will I really feel this and will it all be lost without a cam change?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Tony

I might have missed it but where are these guys with the simple mod of their current 42mm ID primary SSI like exhaust with a thick flange for 3.2? Love all the talk of cats, but I don't need them. Thought the above should hVe been a simple mod.
07 Cayman S (sold - not soon forgotten)
93 968 (sold)
Old 02-26-2017, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Tony,
Bounce me your email and I'll send you my pics on an 87
Old 02-26-2017, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
Tony

Thanks PMed you
93 968 (sold)
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Hi,

I visited the Retro Classics Messe in Stuttgart this weekend and found this in a monter. I couldnīt find any sales people to ask about the system, so this is all information I got. The quality of what I saw was very good. Sorry for the mobile phone quality picts..

911 SC 3,2 -82
Old 03-07-2017, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

...received the prices yesterday,
unfortunately they only offer a complete system at this moment.

Prices start at 2900,- Euro (incl. 19% VAT)!)/HEs, single outlet muffler, backdate oil pipes
included and end at 4300,- Euro (incl. VAT) for HEs, 4 outlet muffler, 200cel cats, backdate oil pipes.

No idea who ever will buy a 4 outlet muffler design in these days...

It seems they start production now and will have the first parts available in 3 weeks.

Falk
Old 03-07-2017, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Garage
The system pictured is really very impressive.....
Old 03-07-2017, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Tony

Wow that is crazy money.

So you say complete system, do you mean they will eventually release the 42mm version of simple non-cat SSIs (which BTW sell for $1700 from Dansk)?
93 968 (sold)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhouse97 View Post
Wow that is crazy money.

So you say complete system, do you mean they will eventually release the 42mm version of simple non-cat SSIs (which BTW sell for $1700 from Dansk)?
I hope that they will sell the HE's separate, not everyone needs a full exhaust system.
I would suggest to ask specific for the HE's only at Eisenmann direct.
Maybe they need to feel that there is a market for them.

On the other hand, if the system turns out fine, good qualty, power and sound,
people might be interested in that too, even if the price is

I am waiting for a soundfile to decide.

Not sure about the Dansk SSI for $1700, arent those 38mm tubes?
Or do they sell 42's too?

Falk
Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
HI,

After seeing this topic I was also in contact with Eisenmann and while it sounds like crazy money it is the full set-up:

Heat exchangers with wide tubes
Exhaust
Oil lines
-> around 3000 EUR (2500 without tax)

Looking at the well known brands in Germany an exhaust alone can cost 1400 EUR and many pay for that....

Additionally they are now the ones that have catalyst systems which only works with lots of amendments on SSI's...

I personally would want to go with catalysts where I would then have to pay 4190 EUR (3500 plus tax)- and that is simply too much for me.... so I am out at this point of time.

Cheers,

Thorsten
Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Received some pics this morning:

Falk
Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

next one:

1: The flanges look a little small, shouldn`t there be thick flanges?
2: Not sure about the HE heating inlets, they look different from 3.2 SSI

Falk
Old 03-08-2017, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk930 View Post
2: Not sure about the HE heating inlets, they look different from 3.2 SSI
Falk
I understand that the system will continue to use the heating set up of the 3.2, not the early 911 system.

Thorsten
Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

agree, they look thin flange - is that definitely a 3.2 pic?
Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: