Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dash for 1965 911

Looking for a pattern for the perforated vinyl cowl located above the instrument panel defiining the radio speaker position in a 1965 911. Perhaps someone could make a sketch with dimensions or a pencil trace of a correct existing dash top with setout dimensions to locate it. I have a RHD car but could reverse the pattern and dimensions.
I would appreciate some help on this.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I can't speak to any differences between the '65 and '66 dash but here is a template from DarrylD's 66' 912:

http://www.darrylsgarage.com/912/912rtmp2.jpg

Interior restoration:
DarrylD's Porsche 912 Restoration Project Journal See entry 11/11/08

Hope that helps,

Tim K
Old 12-10-2016, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've used Daryll's pattern too make mine and it came out great, very authentic. Get out your leather punch, put on some favorite tunes and go to town on it. It takes less time than you would think to punch all those holes. And everytime you get in your car after that, you will be proud of your accomplishments! :-)

Old 12-10-2016, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: