Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tunnel Layout '70T

Hello. I'm putting my '70T back together and want to confirm that I'm running stuff through the tunnel correctly. Does this look right? So far I have:

Passenger side conduit:
* main harness
* starter cable

Passenger side wire clips:
* brake line
* speedo cable

Driver side conduit:
* fuel lines

Driver side clips:
* throttle linkage

Old 01-19-2017, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Canyon Runner

Garage
Porsche Crest Tunnel layout

Hope this helps
Old 01-19-2017, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks I've seen that (it's helpful but I think it's wrong, 8 & 9 are reversed).

I'm clear on where everything comes out of the tunnel, but am wondering what the factory routing was in the middle, for example what went through the two internal 'conduits' and what get's clipped into the welded-on tabs.

Jeff
Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

As per my '69:

#9 is harness
#8 is Speedo
#6 is throttle
Old 01-19-2017, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yes, that is correct.

I'm still looking for info about the routing through the internal conduits.

If anyone has their shifter or e-brake out and can take a look into the tunnel and see what is clipped to the passenger side clips that would be helpful.

Jeff
Old 01-19-2017, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

These from my '73.5:

Sorry for the poor quality cell pics of ancient fotograffs...

Looks like the fuel lines remain secured at the top (plastic sleeves on tabs!) and the brake line runs along the bottom for the length of the tunnel.

With your ebrake assemby in place, the plastic hand throttle piece should align with the throttle rod. That should help determine where the three(?) plastic bushings go.

For memory, I thought the heater boxes and ebrake cables went straight through metal conduits to the ebrake assembly?

There was a ziptie on my '69 on the right hand side under the shifter cover keeping everything tight together so as not to rub on the coupler.

Hope that helps.

Tim K
Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Do these help?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Tim K:

Thanks, that's really helpful. You definitely have the fuel lines running through the conduit and then clamped to the top up by the shifter hole.

Then on the other side the brake line is clamped down by itself with the rubber protectors.

I wonder where the speedo cable went? Through the conduit or just lying there.

seafeye:

Yes I saw those, great views of what's going on in there, but it doesn't help with what routes through the conduits.

Jeff
Old 01-19-2017, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a photo of the passenger side of my '71T (sorry it's upside down-I can't figure our how to rotate it.) dho:

Old 01-19-2017, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Cool, thanks for posting that. It's hard to see for sure but it looks like the speedo cable is going down under the conduit.

Jeff
Old 01-20-2017, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

This was bothering me. I usually have very good notes/pics during disassembly, but I could not find the routing info.

So I dug into my '70 parts car. I'm going to need this info too, eventually

The speedo cable (blue) passes under the starter cable and joins the brake line. Note the starter cable is zip tied to the ebrake line before joining the harness in the large conduit at the top of the tunnel.

The speedo cable is paired up with the brake line at each clip:

At ebrake:

At shifter:

I have other images if you need. Hope this helps.

Tim K
Old 01-21-2017, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Oh heck yeah thanks Tim. I'll even add that zip tie, even though it seems pretty weird. 😝

It's funny, I took hundreds of pictures but you never have *quite* the one you need two years later with a bunch of new parts in your hands.

Jeff

Old 01-21-2017, 10:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: