Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Luftgekuhlt Gruppe - Colorado Monthly Gathering

Hi All

I've taken it upon myself to start up a monthly aircooled meetup group for Colorado Pelicans! Hence the title "LuftgekuhltGruppe"

This is by no means a replacement for the month Cars and Coffee started up by fellow pelican mikeferg75 as I plan to still attend those once they figure out a new venue of sorts following the latest developments with that. This however is something I thought of a while back and discussed with fellow pelicans.. it would be nice to have an event exclusive to aircooled porsche owners where you can gather and actually meet/greet them rather than being lost in a sea of 200+ cars. (won't turn away watercooled pcars of course)

The plan so far:
1. Monthly meet up - Second Sunday of every month - Aiming for first meeting April 2017.
2. These cars are meant to be driven.. once a month drives! (track days/ mountain cruises)
3. Monthly meet up on Sunday be in different locations to included owners from FoCo to the Springs.
4. Email list of active members to be sent location of meetups/drives

I've gone ahead and secured the domain below. Just need to figure out how to build a website!! But figured I could get emails of Pelicans to get the email distribution ready to go for April. (emails will not be shared with anyone other than me) PM me your email and I'll aim to get an email out in March with plans for the first meet.

Luftgekuhltgruppe.com (under construction)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/luftgekuhltgruppe/

I want this to be a laid-back gruppe that has fun enjoying these aircooled machines!!!

Open to ideas. So let me know your thoughts!

Cheers
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5

Last edited by JacobS911; 02-28-2017 at 05:44 PM..
Old 02-28-2017, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Functionista

Sounds good but I must say that most of my Luftkuhling this year will be centered around track days. So let's make one an open track day! That 930 of yours needs a good workout...
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbridge 74 View Post
Sounds good but I must say that most of my Luftkuhling this year will be centered around track days. So let's make one an open track day! That 930 of yours needs a good workout...
100% agree with this! I thought that one great meet up would be High Plains for an open track day/night. I definitely want to get on the track this season! Great idea!
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 02-28-2017, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
count me in!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Count me in #2!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Sounds nice. I would love to meet new folks.

I would also be willing to volunteer the shop as a meeting spot for one of the drives if there are not too many folks (my lot can probably handle 20 cars).

Thanks for doing this. I miss the small group days.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Administrator

This is great. Please keep me updated on this event as I'd like to come out and take some pictures. We are also looking to do an ambassador type program in other states and depending on how this goes, it might be a good one to email Dmitry about. Info on that here: Pelican Parts Coffee & Cars Ambassador Program - details here.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Fastest Hunk of Junk

I'm going to help Jacob as much as possible with this, since I just sold mine (and now "only" have a 996 C4S in the fam) and want to stay involved until I can get back in an air cooled car, hopefully in the next year.
'95 BMW 540iT Euro (JDM)
'10 Mini Justa (hers)
Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Wingnut

Garage
I'm in!

There's a hole in my garage where the money goes...
Old 03-01-2017, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the emails guys! If you would like added to the list shoot me a PM with your email!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-01-2017, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
I'm in
Old 03-01-2017, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I'm jealous. I am in Nashville and wish there was Luftgekuhlt Gruppe like this 'round these parts.....
Old 03-01-2017, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

count me in. Sounds like fun.
2007 911 Turbo (water and air pumper)
2012 Panamera 4S (for the wife, I swear)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Could cause some confusion with Pat Long's event

Luftgekühlt

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Functionista

Well, except for the umlaut.
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Great meet up this past weekend! Nice to see the cars I've seen before at larger gatherings and actually chat with the owners! Looking forward to the meetup/drive in May. Will be getting out an email later this month with details. If you haven't sent me an email and would like to get on the list shoot me a PM.. more members welcome

'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Great start !
Old 04-10-2017, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Loads of tail there!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I am definitely interested in participating as well, but do not anticipate being completed on the restoration of my 78SC for several months.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwest2 View Post
I am definitely interested in participating as well, but do not anticipate being completed on the restoration of my 78SC for several months.
No worries.. send over your email if you want on the email chain. Car or no car porsche nuts welcome!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 04-11-2017, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: