Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackrash View Post
I should have said to be careful to keep it from warping out of shape when doing this.

The reality of FG is that the resin will continue to harden over time. I have let a new FG part sit in the sun for a week or two, making sure to support it to maintain its shape. It has been my experience that this will hopefully allow it will be fully cured before painting and installing. Now if the part has been sitting on the shelf in a warehouse for a year, it probably is good to go as is.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 06-26-2017, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Just a bump on this thread. I guess they are back in stock, hence the price drop. Like he told me would happen.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 10-03-2017, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

So after reading this post, I havenít heard that is a good product, some they say that I does not have any frame and I will like to know if you recommend this duck tail, I know that they are many brands out there but much more expensive!!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
Am I reading the add correctly? $250 PLUS $165 shipping?
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old 01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

I got one for my 84. Fit was waaay off. I returned it.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

That bad Tbone? I was wanting to get one as well. My car is a track car so not to concerned with perfect fitment but i would want it to be at least presentable
Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queefchief View Post
That bad Tbone? I was wanting to get one as well. My car is a track car so not to concerned with perfect fitment but i would want it to be at least presentable

Presentable is a subjective term. To me, it had to be a good fit. Not factory mind you, but very presentable; to use your nomenclature. I would have had to spend a couple times the value of the tail to get it to look good. Remember, the ducks have a "shelf" where they meet the main body. It's not a simple transition. That flat shelf would have needed a lot of glass work. I'd rather just grab a Getty or something like that. Way cheaper in the long run, IMHO. Having said all this, I was promptly refunded my money so the seller is a stand-up guy.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: