Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wer bremst verliert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
Another thought about the distributor. If it is locked... Does the rotor have a mechanical advance for phasing? Is it possible that you experience misfire due to contact misalignment between the rotor and the cap? This can happen at low and high advance values if the relative "0" position of the pickup does not match the overlap in contact points.
The advance is locked, and it uses a vr sensor, no points. It worked in another car without this problem before, and I verified the mechanical advance is locked down with both screws. I could be wrong but I dont think its a problem with the distributor.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 08-19-2017, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
New-ish 911SC Targa Owner

any update on this one?
'01.5 B5 S4 the previous money pit (sold)
Old 11-02-2017, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

Garage
Iím curious too. I do not speak MS that well but if you can do the following it should idle smoothly:

- get it in TPS mode for load ignoring MAP (there may be an option for a MAP overlay on the VE - make sure thatís not on)
- no corrections (log corrections to check)
- big islands for fuel and Ignition
- no leaks etc

You want to force it to have an unchanging ignition (which you have) AND fuel ms. The latter moves around a lot in the logs.

Trying to think of stuff not well covered above: I also think you need to verify voltage (never done for certain, right)?, which shouldnít move around like that. If the MS thinks there are fluctuations it will look up different deadtimes. If the injectors arenít seeing the changing voltage the delivered fuel will be wrong. Deadtimes could also be wrong and you could be in a non-linear area for your injectors.

Also, was the trigger capture when there was a problem or when itís ok?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamB View Post
Iím curious too. I do not speak MS that well but if you can do the following it should idle smoothly:

- get it in TPS mode for load ignoring MAP (there may be an option for a MAP overlay on the VE - make sure thatís not on)
- no corrections (log corrections to check)
- big islands for fuel and Ignition
- no leaks etc

You want to force it to have an unchanging ignition (which you have) AND fuel ms. The latter moves around a lot in the logs.

Trying to think of stuff not well covered above: I also think you need to verify voltage (never done for certain, right)?, which shouldnít move around like that. If the MS thinks there are fluctuations it will look up different deadtimes. If the injectors arenít seeing the changing voltage the delivered fuel will be wrong. Deadtimes could also be wrong and you could be in a non-linear area for your injectors.

Also, was the trigger capture when there was a problem or when itís ok?
I think Cam may be onto something here. In your log screen capture, you have what appears to be a significant drop in voltage (not sure how much because no scale is present). This voltage drop happens right before all hell breaks loose. I would measure the voltage at the battery and see if the MS measured voltage matches actual battery voltage. If not, I would start looking at the wiring or the unit itself.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Garage
Also... DR60 Or DR20 cams (there is conflicting info above), and has fuel pressure been checked (and does the MS setting for fuel pressure assumption match what the engine has, eg vac referenced vs fixed)?

Even in Alpha-N, ms fuel is going up when MAP goes up. I think this means that the Load Parameter is set with speed density as the secondary load, multiplicative. While this is probably fine, its possible the cams / intake combo mean this is causing problems and may be worth trying with secondary load off. Just a suggestion based on looking at the logs (and now Tunerstudio - not a strong point for me). I think you’d set secondary load to % baro and multiply MAP to “don’t multiply”.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: