Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 2.73 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
1988 Carrera

Garage
Let me know when you are ready.
I will put together a list of parts needed to to the job.
Do some research: Has the clutch been replaced, if not and your car still has the orig rubber disk style unit , then now is the time to replace it. We should change all fluids, and filters etc.
Bill
72'914 gone
72' 914 gone too
Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #581 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
This makes a lot of sense.

Unless you are SURE it's been a recent split and the car hasn't seen rain and puddles.

The other things are leaks and are merely annoying, and can wait unless they are really bad. I'd clean them from underneath, get some fresh paper down under them, and count the drops. a couple every overnight? meh. A steady dripping while running? Hmmmm.
My engine leaks about a quart of oil every month and I drive it every day. It has 130,000 miles and only has thick smoke when I start it for a moment.

None of the other fluids leak enough to make a mark on the driveway.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001
Old 02-17-2019, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #582 (permalink)

If it’s not raining you can use a kitty litter tray to see where the drips are (though that might not be the area they originate from )
and once done pour kitty litter onto concrete drive then stomp it down and go “skating” to grind it all I down , before sweeping around with a rough yard brush .
Cat magic will give you nice clean concrete
Old 02-17-2019, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #583 (permalink)

Why do you do this ?
It makes no sense .
Old 03-17-2019, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #584 (permalink)

Garage
Reminds me of all the "Hard Rock" when I was younger living in So Cal back in the 60-70's. You have to develop a taste for that kind of music, which I didn't. To each his/her own!!!
McMinnville, Ore
Old 03-17-2019, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #585 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c2 View Post
Why do you do this ?
It makes no sense .
When Marlyn (sp?)/The Queen writes this in response to my bumps, then it makes perfect sense to me (even though I know she doesn't share my taste in tuneage) ---->

Quote:
Originally Posted by echecsqueen View Post
Raw...so I don't need to replace the distributor? That would be grand! And i missed you too!!!!! Very much and enjoyed every one of the bumps.

Maybe you should find something more worthwhile to complain about?
Old 03-17-2019, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #586 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

A moderator deleted the videos I just posted (a friendly, kick start post made to the originator of this thread - like I've been doing ever since she got sick last year)? Really? There wasn't anything offensive about the content of those vids. I don't get it.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #587 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: