Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I will definetly not have it sit at a shop. I will for sure drive it and then determine if I want to go from 3.2 to 3.4 and dual plug. I may drive it and love it and let it be.

This car has been owned for almost three years by me and I have never driven it, heard it run, or even sat in the car. The day it arrived to Michigan from Miami it started to be disassembled. So when this car is put together and is looking as good as I hope it does I will enjoy it.

This car has been frustrating, expensive and many times has caused me to wish I never began the process. Writing checks has been frequent and painful so the day this car is handed to me to drive will seem like a dream so I will be hesitant tearing it apart again.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Had a costly set back today. The glass couldn't be polished and needs to be replaced. Need all the glass on both sides of car replaced due to pitting. All three pieces, ouch. Not sure why glass was pitted. Perhaps it happened in the body shop or perhaps was present when I bought it.

Either way it is another check to write. These are the days that make me cringe

But I will get over it and be optimistic in am.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

I have been on your side of the fence and know excactly what you are going through.I can tell you had a vision of what you wanted out of your car and judging by all the pics she really looks amazing and i have no doubt when finished it will be one hell of a car.I know writing check after check gets old but it looks to me that your restorer is doing a really good job.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Great job on the build.

Have your steering feel nice and smooth for many years to come and get rid of the 928 sleeve that's in the upper bearing of the steering column. Replace it with one of Mitch Leland's steering wheel bushing inserts

1986 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe - Suspension Upgrades & Performance - Page 8
Past: '87 Carrera "The Unicorn"
Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you kevin and KTL for the complement and advice.

My glass came in today all the way from Germany and now the work can commence much more rapidly. I was told that that cars interior could be done on their end in 7-10 days which I am elated to hear.

Doors were rehung and now door panels, glass, window switches, etc can be put together . Bought all new window switches as I get tire of replacing them so I figure this may buy me a few years of not dealing with it. I also bought from Suncoast all new oem front and rear speakers and grills. I had bought a nice blaupunkt Toronto and never took out of box but instead bought the new Porsche classic stereo. It should look nice when all put together. The interior guys are going to handle all the stereo work too which is nice as it will save me a step someday.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
Dash is coming together. Looks like a car again.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
Closer look
Old 09-21-2017, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
/ˈpɔrʃə/ PORSH-ə Fan

The Southern California peeps have it easy. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a shop with extremely talented craftsmen at every corner. That is not the case with the rest of the country, but Southeast Michigan aint too bad for good shops.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: