Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Looking good
Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Looking awesome. Love the orange! Interior looks quality.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 10-20-2017, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Looks really good, looking forward to seeing the final results. Love the door handles with the orange and black color combo.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Garage
On my way tomorrow to pay for the completed work. The guys did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the last couple weeks of work. Car is leaving next week to head to Arbor motion for all mechanicals to be put in. A fellow psa member is driving it over in an enclosed trailer due to having no front and rear glass.

Cost of interior was a lot. Double my original quote but that was due to the significant work needed and state of repair on car. I would consider these guys artists so when they had a good idea I always said yes. I also kept adding requests.

So I need an opinion. I have a brand new momo competition steering wheel. But I was just told about the new momo custom wheels. I designed one that could be awesome or could be over the top. Not going to order yet until I see car and how it looks. Want orange to be an accent and not over the top. This wheel is over the top.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9112gun View Post
So I need an opinion. I have a brand new momo competition steering wheel. Want orange to be an accent and not over the top. This wheel is over the top.
Sounds like you answered your own question, no?

Nice build!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Garage
Anxiously awaiting photos

David
Old 11-01-2017, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Garage
Some new pics

Car is being picked up Wednesday Still has some interior work needed but it has to wait until the new wevo shifter and guages are put back in.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Love the orange stitching. A man near here did that to his handles too, what a great look.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Steering wheel is. Also dropped in some orange coco mats but they are not quite the same orange so likely will get some new mats just in black.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Garage
Old 11-05-2017, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage

Wanted thr fire extinguisher in the back seat.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
Total inspiration. Love it.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Garage
Been a while since last update. The car has been at rennstatt racing/arbor motion for about a month. These guys are doing a great job and car is coming along quickly in the rebuild. Engine and trans are going in next week with a new lightweight clutch and flywheel. Wevo shifter will soon follow that. New exhaust, gas tank and new fuel lines to the 48 PMO still waiting to go in. Plus the front oil cooler and custom oil lines still do be made.

All corners of Brembos waiting to go on as well but I may have an issue with the front wheels being to wide. Hoping once all the weight goes in the rear that the wheel is given a little more space. I have all new elephant racing suspension parts on the car which can be adjusted I am just hoping to maintain a low ride height.

Debated for a while about now putting AC components back in and decided to go with some new AC equipment from Griffiths. All new lines, dryers, condensers, etc. I know I could have saved weight but I also want to be able to enjoy even in hot humid summer days.
I am assuming another 30 days in shop and then back to body shop. Still need to install front bumper, put in glass, lots of rubber seals, prep, paint and install one of the three mirrors I bought for the car. Rocker panels have to be painted as well but I am not using them. Just going to store away in case someday I sell many years from now and new owner wants a cleaner look. Car will have both a duck tail which I'm having installed as well as a whale tail with hood to also go in storage. Maybe someday I will switch out the duck or again offer new owner options.

Some minor interior work to be done at either site still. Need some final carpeting, shift boot and hopefully shift knob but I think the wevo billet shifter doesn't allow for removal. Also the install of emergency brake leather boot. Also debating getting my momo wheel metal painted in body color. The orange on the interior is still subtle enough that it won't be over the top I feel.

Pics soon. And hopefully even some video of it firing up after a four year road.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Garage
Looks great. I think the coco mats looked good. Too "matchy" is sometimes a negative thing in design - tonal variation in the oranges might be appealing and add interest.
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001
Old 12-07-2017, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9112gun View Post
Also debating getting my momo wheel metal painted in body color. The orange on the interior is still subtle enough that it won't be over the top I feel.
Imo painting it wouldn't look good as a result. If that is what you are looking for, you might check out the momo customization option. Great build btw!

[img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads26/Untitled1512714012.png[
/img]

Last edited by Outlaw_singer; 12-07-2017 at 09:22 PM..
Old 12-07-2017, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
Great build. I like that it's an impact bumper hot-rod. It's going to be awesome. And worth all the check writing, hang in there!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
People's thoughts on colors is so personal. I had considered Signal Orange on most recent build....but went with Signal Yellow. Waited months to get her home and rolling out of trailer my Fiance says: "It's really in nice shape, what color are you planning on getting it painted?". I'm like, I JUST DID!

Looking great!

In her defense I already knew she didn't like yellow cars, but I've got too many black/silver/grey.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Garage
What a beautiful build Cool color and a very nice interior.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Garage
So was able to get into shop yesterday. Engine still isn't in but it is very close. Waiting on one part - A g50 shift rod and then the engine and trans go in. Need this done quickly as I am still nervous my front wheels are to to large and will rub. May need a new set of front wheels.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Garage
New griffiths AC equipment all installed -
Old 12-21-2017, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: