Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Thank you Paul. As I expected you would know. By the the braid wheels are incredible looking wheels and thanks again for your time.

And here is another reason why a guy like me shouldn't try to build his own car. I didn't even know what size wheels I had on my car.

As far as the status on the car it continues to show progress every day. Was told that the car would be completed for their part by end of January.

Interior shop needs a quick visit for the shift boot, emergency brake boot, and front carpeting to be installed.

Then back to body shop for glass, exterior mirror, front bumper install, rear ducktail switch from current deck lid, some rubber seals, license plate holder, and likely more. All I know is that this spring this car will be on road after a many year process.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9112gun View Post
Here is a shot of the rear leather in back seat area and my installed dash with cool orange stitching.
9112gun - are these just the stock side pieces for the interior? I have the RS kit in my car too and really like the way these finish out the interior as my seatbelts are exposed now. I have the interior pieces from it so can have them recovered and use them if that's all they are. Any mods to make them work with the RS kit?

Thanks in advance!
Billy
Old 01-19-2018, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
Air Cooled

Garage
Billy, you should ping JJ. He's got the RS carpet kit too, but I don't know if he has these side pieces.

Cheers,

- Craig_D
1990 Honda Hawk GT, 1988 Honda Hawk GT,
1977 Honda CB750K Cafe
Old 01-19-2018, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Yes. These are the stock factory side panels which were then covered in leather. They look great.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks 9112gun! I'll pull mine out of storage and get them recovered then....I really like how they finish the interior!

@Craig_D - c'mon....you know JJ doesn't have any good info to offer! Looking forward to seeing you soon. You coming to Luft 5?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Visited the car today and it is getting very close to being ready to leave this leg of its journey. Car has been almost completely reassembled by mechanics. Waiting on the delivery of the fuel and oil lines and then we will be starting this car up and getting the PMO's tuned. Still waiting on interior finishes to be done like front carpets, shifter and emergency brake boots, and realized my power seats don't have electrical harness which was very dificult to find as Porsche quit making it. Got a few new pics.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Greetings from Michigan

Garage
So the gas tank is in and all electrical is done. Still waiting on headlights. Ordered headlights from Retro Fit Flat Six, it has been 6 weeks since I ordered, was told I would have in 3-4 weeks. No word from them if they are back ordered so all I can do is wait.

Front oil cooler is on and waiting for oil lines
Old 02-08-2018, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to brighton911
If you still need it, I have a drivers side 6 way power seat with all the electrics - willing to part out. PM me if interested.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

I love this build! Keep up the awesomeness!
Old 02-09-2018, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
So my headlights finally came in and I love them. Well worth the $$ and I am sure they will provide vastly better lighting then stock 30 year old headlights.

The black rings are temporary. I have orange rings that will be put on shortly.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Went to the shop today to drop off the orange rings and took a close up of the new headlights. They have a cool Porsche crest etched in the glass. And no they don't obscure the light projection in any way. It held up the time of the construction but I love them.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Garage
Nice. where is "the shop" Brian?
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0812/POR_0812_BDYWHL_pg3.htm#item11
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
The car is still at Arbor Motion in Ann Arbor. They are almost done with the car. Waiting to run fuel lines (which haven't arrived yet) and then get the carbs tuned. There is of course always a bit more to due but the end is in sight.

Then to body shop for some final pieces to be put on.

Have an hour of interior work that can be done at either site by Rod at classic 9 leather
Old 02-15-2018, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The car is still at Arbor Motion in Ann Arbor. They are almost done with the car. Waiting to run fuel lines (which haven't arrived yet) and then get the carbs tuned. There is of course always a bit more to due but the end is in sight.

Then to body shop for some final pieces to be put on.

Have an hour of interior work that can be done at either site by Rod at classic 9 leather
I see. I'm taking my quattro seats and door cards to Rod. Maybe I'll see it there. Last time I was there I saw this:

image by Team Illuminata Motorsport, on Flickr

Recognize it?
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0812/POR_0812_BDYWHL_pg3.htm#item11

Last edited by BRAIDusa; 02-16-2018 at 03:26 AM..
Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Went to the shop today to drop off the orange rings and took a close up of the new headlights. They have a cool Porsche crest etched in the glass. And no they don't obscure the light projection in any way. It held up the time of the construction but I love them.
Lights look FINE! I looked up Flat6 site, great to have a modern headlight alternative. Iím surprised they were able to use the Porsche crest. Car companies can get a little squirrelly about their logos.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Been a while since I have updated status on the car. Car is in Ann Arbor still but it it virtually done. Car is running and simply needs to get on road to be tuned. Front and rear glass still isnít in the car so due to non-stop rain the car has been unable to get out. Oil and fuel lines were installed and look great. Had some issues with my ignition system that was sent to Europe to be upgraded and then found out that it would work with the PMO s.

Car will be picked up this week and trailered to body shop for glass, seal, bumper install, some rear bumper fiberglass cutting to accommodate tail pipes, exterior mirror install, need to put the correct duck tail on the car and certainly some more.

These pics are a bit old but most recent I have.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Old 04-08-2018, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
I canít wait to drive this car.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

Greetings from Michigan

Garage
So today the car left the mechanics shop and heading back to body shop. Still a lot to do over there so will take some time.

Body shop needs to install front and rear glass and seals
Install the duck tail and new custom deck grill
Build the whale tail and then wrap for storage and likely never use
A single driver side mirror prepped painted and mounted. Have 3 to pick from
Lots of rubber seal install
Fenders need to come off for some electrical plug that wasnít plugged in.
Front bumper needs to be installed and have center grill fabricated to fit
Rear bumper was pulled off car due to muffler tail pipes hitting it. Bumper needs to be cut to accommodate.
Headlight rings need to be painted and installed as when I installed new headlights it made the factory rings no longer work
Rear license plate bracket and lit license screws need to be installed.
Rocker panels though they likely wonít be used will need to be painted and test mounted in case I sell some day and new owner wants a cleaner look.
And last the Carrera decals on side and duck tail need to be installed as well as badges.

Then when complete it still has to go back to the mechanic. Has a few gremlins to work out still.
Compressor wouldnít fit anymore with the PMO carbs. Luckily Patrick motor sports makes a new bracket to make it work.
Wevo shifter is very very tight and hard to get in and out if gear. Maybe just some grease.
Needs an alignment badly
And has a short in brake wiring and keeps popping fuses.

Not sure how long in body shop. They have a Carrera Cup car in there now that needs to be finished before mine gets addressed.

So I again need to practice patience which is not a strong character trait for me. I am just hoping this car sees the road this summer or even fall. Been a 4 year road.

Here is a pic of engine compartment as it sits today.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Pic of the car heading to body shop with Danzk 2 in 2 out muffler. Do love the sound of the car.

Btw if anyone needs an enclosed car hauler in Detroit area call Kaz - 586-995-3500.
Retired gent, PCA member and reliable and inexpensive.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: