Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAIDusa View Post
I see. I'm taking my quattro seats and door cards to Rod. Maybe I'll see it there. Last time I was there I saw this:

image by Team Illuminata Motorsport, on Flickr

Recognize it?
Was that something built for Hurley Haywood, or something he had built? Or am I thinking of a silver car? Seems I remember seeing it advertised in Excellence a while backÖ

Okay, no, senility setting in, I think maybe this is what I was thinking of, Peter Gregg's:

Old 04-13-2018, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

LOVE this build!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv911 View Post
Was that something built for Hurley Haywood, or something he had built? Or am I thinking of a silver car? Seems I remember seeing it advertised in Excellence a while backÖ

Okay, no, senility setting in, I think maybe this is what I was thinking of, Peter Gregg's:

Nope, SE Michigan chap who also has excelent taste when it comes to wheels
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0812/POR_0812_BDYWHL_pg3.htm#item11
Old 04-14-2018, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Car is looking great! Canít wait to see it all wrapped up.

I didnít notice you mention what brand of bumpers and ducktail you went with. Iím shopping around and wanted to get a feel for how they fit up, quality and of course who you chose (and perhaps why).

Thanks,
Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Virtually every body component on the car came from Patrick Motorsports.
The bumpers had to have some fabrication done on the front but they did fit to factory
In rear.

The duck tail was also Patrick Mototsports. The only modification was a small metal shin welded to the hinge. It just sat a little low up high.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Oops. Wrong picture I selected. Here is the duck
Old 04-15-2018, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
So it has been 3 or 4 months since I updated and that is because nothing has happened since then. When you rely on others and can't do yourself you have no choice but waiting.

So to date I now have the duck tail on and the new custom deck lid grill. Also the exhaust was a mess. The 2 in 2 out exhaust I bought new when mounted was crooked and left one exhaust pipe an inch higher than other. So we had to return and second one is perfect. Rear bumper is now installed and we had to cut it to fit exhaust.

I am now optimistic that work is going to be rolling and the car will be completed in 2018.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Old 07-19-2018, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9112gun View Post
I am assuming another 30 days in shop and then back to body shop. Still need to install front bumper, put in glass, lots of rubber seals, prep, paint and install one of the three mirrors I bought for the car..............
Purple side view mirrors to match the purple side body script?
George, Architect
Old 07-19-2018, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Garage
Hello there, Its ooking great, I love the color. Would you mind sharing the sies of the wheels and tires you are running, the fit looks realy nice, Im building a car for my Brother and need to see wich way to go on the wheels.
Regards

Fernando
Old 07-20-2018, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Garage
I'm reading the complete post and found the info for the wheels and tires, sorry for repeating the questions, congratulations on your build.
gives me a push to post my adventure with my Brothers 964 C4

Regards

Fernando
Vintage Motorsports Monterrey
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9112gun View Post
See how the lights in the shop follow the lines of the fender?? Might be cool to follow those lines with some pin striping?
McMinnville, Ore
RGRUPPE #104
Old 07-20-2018, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Ferfarias - sorry for the delay. I have been on road to much.

Wheels are braid 17 inch fuch styled wheels. 9 inch fronts and 11 inch rears
Running 255/40 in front and it is very tight. Rear is 315 / 35

In this post farther back shows all the offsets and fine details.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
I am going to still do the purple Carrera graphics which was a huge leap for me but am trying to be as basic as purple can be. I will have the purple Carrera on side and purple Porsche on the duck tail but no end to end striping.

Car has sadly stalled again as shop has lost power due to a storm and time off for restoration team. I am being told I have 40-60 hours of labor to complete and then it is done. Not sure when work will commence again. Nothing has changed since the last photos.

Of course then goes back to mechanic shop for some final pieces like windshield wipers and a few odds and ends that I was told would be a day or two.

So we will see if the car ever sees the light of day in 2018. Been 4 years of check writing and lots of frustration.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)
Greetings from Michigan

Garage
Body work is progressing. Coming along slowly but any progress is good progress.

Orange rings are on. Looks so much better than the black carbon fiber that came with the upgraded headlights.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: