Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
1984 ROW 915 transaction

Hey,
As advertised this is the saga of a 915 transaction. I had been doing the indecisive dance with ChrisD87 since early this year, I was hesitant to buy a transmission from across the country, even if it was the coveted 915/67 ROW trans for my year car. Back and forth, can't make up my mind. Chris updated the for sale post with pics and a slightly reduced price, I bit!
The trans arrived a couple of weeks ago, all intact, nice packaging, and a few extra bits as well.
I was slightly nervous as to what was on the inside(expensive parts). Pulled the front case off and had a look at the synchros and gear sets. All the faces looked really nice for an 87,000 mile trans, all the sliding surfaces visible looked pretty nice. Dropped the shift lever cover and scoped the internals, all good. Pulled the diff and same-same, ring and pinion had very little wear on either the front or backs of the gear teeth. gear oil had the usual dirt colored silty material every trans I have changed the oil on. The cooler pump was in good condition, gear as well and cooler its self looked very nice.
While it wasn't a going out of business price, I feel that it wasn't too far out of line, and allows me to have my DD intact while the freshening occurs.
All in all the deal with ChrisD87 was painless and totally satisfactory, as soon as the PayPal hit his account, he replied and shipped the trans within a day or so.
Heartily recommend doing business with him.
Satisfied customer!
eric
"America is all about speed. Hot,nasty, bad ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
gearhead

FYI, there's a feedback thread in the classifieds.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-07-2017, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
FYI, there's a feedback thread in the classifieds.
Now posted there too!
"America is all about speed. Hot,nasty, bad ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Old 09-07-2017, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: