Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Topocalma

G-Model sunroof 'seized' - how to approach repair

On my 77 930 the sunroof is not working (bought the car like that). The electric motor is reacting / 'twitches' but the roof does not move at all.

I recently re-did the seals on the sunroof of a 73 911 so I roughly now my way around. I thought I take down the headliner and dismantle the sunroof to only realize it is a different story when the roof is fully closed...

How do I approach this repair best?
Old 09-30-2017, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hi ..the best start is ..unzip the headliner and remove the motor.Just before this try to see if you can move the cables manually. There is actually tool from Porsche tool kit for this.
So once you get motor off the sunroof will-should drop and you can slide it a little .Then remove the headliner and start investigating....also search is your help here...

Ivan
Old 09-30-2017, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Careful pulling that zipper, take your time or you'll tear the headliner. I read a post where the op used chapstick on the zipper. When you get the zipper open remove the cardboard pieces then remove the motor (two screws) then slide the roof back a couple of inches and hook the headliner and pull it down and slide it back. Then take the roof off with a few bolts remove and clean the tracks and cables.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If it turns out to be the motor, Before you buy a new one, I have had good luck opening them up and cleaning the brushes. They tend to get glazed over and the motor stops working properly.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
930 , g-model , sunroof