Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Northern, CA

Garage
I agree. I think his point is that the primary thing that matters is what level of wear protection an oil produces. According to him it doesn't matter what the level of zinc is. There are other EP additives that produce levels as high or higher than zinc. They just cost more to add. Each manufacture determines how much wear protection they have by their base stock and additive choice.

This has been the only independent scientific wear study I've seen using apparently sound engineering principals. I'm sure there are others coming out of universities somewhere but I haven't seen them. I've chosen to use his results as a basis for choosing my oils. It sure beats the marketing hype coming out of the oil companies and the anecdotal stories we read on the internet.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I believe it is best to store oil in humidity/temperature controlled environment.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: