Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
This is why I do valves (and oil), test drive the car, next thing such as spark plugs leads, test drive, and so on.
I concur, only ever change one variable at a time
Old 10-12-2017, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictly View Post
i concur, only ever change one variable at a time
+1
Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Fellow Pelicaners,

She's running! Doing great. And the advice about taking care of one variable at a time is right. In the end it was the valve job. I don't know what I did, but maybe missed one of the marks on the pulley and kept going to the next one (I'm guessing).

In the end, because I replaced the wires, the plugs, the injector sleeves and seals, and did a valve job, I had no idea where the problem started.

This time I re-did the valves. that's it. Everything else remained constant.

I want to put in a plug (pun) for Clewitt wires. The numbering on the boots and the way they click into place . . . best wires I've used. These are small details but they make a big difference.

Man these cars - I wanted to give up a couple times. A small tool snapped when I was trying to get the injector sleeves out and a three inch piece of metal slid down the injector port . . . I took the intake manifold off (what a pain) and luckily the piece was caught in the semi-open valve hanging by a thread. A gently held magnet got it out.

At the ed of the job, the valve cover gaskets started leaking because they had been taken on and off too often. Luckily I had a spare set. Lots of little misshaps but stayed with it.

Thank you all for your encouragement and advice. I learned a lot from this experience.

Cheers
BN
PS: Cold beer helps
Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: