Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Headlight H4

Hi Guys,

I Just purchased a 1983SC and i am jumping right into cleaning it up and making it mine. I have two cosmetic questions.

I am looking for the H4 style headlights, and would like to upgrade the entire cable/relay involved with headlight/Fogs. I message a couple of manufacturers and they replied that those headlights (H4 EURO) don't fit on my year/model. Any solutions? or any input on what lights best fit to get this look?

Secondly I want to do a descent interior over hall, I would like to wrap the top half of the dash in blk vinyl and then get the lower dash in some sort of carbon fiber. Also upgrading the gauges to all work properly/ light up at night. Any input or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
I'm pretty sure if you call our host and discuss headlight options they will tell you otherwise. If you purchase from them they you can have confidence if something does not fit, then you can return them. Not sure what you want to do with the fogs. I would leave them alone as they are essentially useless for light, only the look.
Of course, then there are myriad other solutions including HID and LED but that's more threads and discussion that's already been hashed hundreds of times. The Euro H4 is a proven solution that gives great light for most. I'm happy with mine that replaced my H5's (they were awful).
Old 10-28-2017, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Welcome! You'll get more answers if you show us pictures of your car first. Sort of a standard procedure for new users.

Anyway, what you were told is not correct. The H4's will fit, either with painted or chrome rings. You should install a relay kit too, you can get that from Pelican. You shouldn't need anything for the fogs.

You can buy new H4's but they are now made in the Czech Republic and no longer say Bosch. Pelican sells these too, although sometimes it can pay to shop around for them.

If you want Bosch, keep an eye on the buy and sell board here, they come up for sale often.

As for the dash, it will probably have to come out. That means removing the windshield to get to the bolts at the back, but it's not a huge job. Lots of threads here on how to remove and replace the windshield. There is no adhesive, just the rubber gasket.

Mark
Old 10-28-2017, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

Regarding the headlights and someone telling you they won't fit, it is likely just another of those situations where the sales person has no idea what they're selling. He or she probably just looked on the computer and it didn't show them as a replacement for a 1983 SC (computer says no...). That could happen because the SC came with sealed beam sugar scoop headlights. Again, someone not having a clue about these cars and the market.

And, congrats on your new toy! PICS!! And sometimes it helps if you have your location somewhere in your signature so we can gauge where you are and offer to help (or at least drink your beer) if you're in our home town.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.

Last edited by Canada Kev; 10-28-2017 at 07:25 AM..
Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Here's some pictures of her!

Maybe not visible in these picture, but my headlights are cracked.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

This is what I was going for, mainly for reliability. Since the lights have some current issues I need to trouble shoot.

As far as the dash, I want to do something like this.
Any input on lactating parts like lower dash/ gauges etc...

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1983 911 sc , 911 , 911sc , carrera 911