Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelogGes View Post
INCREASED PFC Surface Area

I think something like this duel PFC design I have had for several years, would greatly enhance the efficiency in my front 911 PFC which is already very good, make it a whole lot better in condenser Efficiency reversing the gases well above 110 degrees F ambient and the holy grail of ONLY ONE PFC in front in the early model 911

Having now partnered with a major USA global heat exchanger manufacturer that does Military Exotic state of the art PFC A/C solutions desert duty @ 140 F ambient the holy grail can maybe be achieved !

I am into only State of The Art A/C solutions in making these old 911s, ICECOLD911

Looks like a nice component, and if I recall you have a very good condenser blower system as well. Please keep us posted on your projects. People who aren't interested can ignore.
Thanks,
Dave
2001 996TT
Old 12-09-2017, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #21 (permalink)

Howdy Dave it's been awhile, I cant say much yet

got some new things coming soon for a couple of local south Florida PFC testers

This duel PFC is a different PFC animal I cant say much yet

after the testers PFC's are manufactured for me will come a new State of The Art PF Evaporator
stay tuned

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-09-2017 at 04:43 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #22 (permalink)

Holy cow, are you actually secretly bumping your own thread???

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #23 (permalink)
Free Exams All November!

Good luck, you've sure been working on this REVOLUTIONARY NEW STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY (and seeking "testers") for a long time.

Gotta give you credit for not giving up. Hopefully you and your testers get there some day.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #24 (permalink)

Holy crap you are, you are freaking bumping this thread! You are deleting the last post you made, then adding the same new post over and over, so it stays at the top of the forum!

That's freaking sad.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #25 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Ha ha - hilarious!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #26 (permalink)

``
Old 12-14-2017, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #27 (permalink)

Porsche Crest This was my 1975 911 A/C TEST CAR

My 1975 911 S I have owned for more than 30 years, I have PROVED my initial A/C PFC designs I ENGINEERED & CUSTOM HAND MADE in 2011 could easily achieve 30 degree F vent temps @ 92 degrees F ambient IN Sub-Tropical High Humidity Fort Lauderdale, South Florida, IN the Porsche OEM A/C system with my new State of the Art for 2011 design PFC's

I first posted here July 4, 2011 about my success with my 911 and started chronicling my progress and early model 911 A/C new technology components using State of The Art PFC Micro-channel and modern A/C technology.

Over the 7 years I have been posting here about my PFC design and technology advancement for early model 911's, several DIY Owners here have tried to buy what I make, but I told them No for a mulitude of reasons! People did'nt know I wanted to complete my quest of redesigning the whole early model 911 A/C System, not just the obsolete technology condensers before marketing my designs to the Global early model 911 aftermarket.

I will now post excerpts of several other early model 911s I have done over the last 7 years and show you why it is time, and I am now ready to bring my designs forward to the global market with a Major USA A/C Manufacturer using their 2018 State of the Art Designs combined together with mine.

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-17-2017 at 05:30 AM..
Old 12-16-2017, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #28 (permalink)

I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer with more than 30 years experience and have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours testing and modifying and improving every aspect of my early model Porsche 911's A/C System with new technology components independently, in a professional well known and respected south Florida Porsche Repair Shop in Fort Lauderdale.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #29 (permalink)

Porsche Crest PORSCHE RS AMERICA 3.6L 1995 with modified FIBER body kit 1972 RS AMERICA retro loo

RSR MATCH SET PFC's INSTALL DATE 03-14-2012

A/C 30's F Degree Vent Temps @ 93 degrees F ambient
This was a Very Custom RSR A/C install with my Custom Made PFC's for this 911 that also included front air inlet with custom fit high speed CFM FRONT controllable blowers (not shown in the pictures), the owner was more than happy 3 months after this install was finished in June when ambient temps got up to 93 F and got freezing vent temps in the 30s F; with out freezing the evaporator in All type of Driving Verified !

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-23-2017 at 06:11 AM..
Old 12-17-2017, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #30 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #31 (permalink)

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Factory Delivery-Original owner-Retired engineer
Renn-Aire.

Quote:
looks like Rennair has gone down
^^^^^
No too sure about that.

I just bought a replacement Pro-Cooler from them last month.

Gerry
In the window of a bar in Hermosa Beach, California.
"Happy Hour prices during all car chases."
Old 12-17-2017, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #32 (permalink)

Howdy Gerry,
I heard from someone I know their not answering their phone anymore? I have not talked to Cab the owner in a very long time so I don't know for sure?

BTW: My sister lives near you in Redondo Beach, CA, near the Pier; I am originally from So Cal Beaches
Old 12-17-2017, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #33 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Installed 04-26-2012

ICE COLD A/C 30's F 1985 911 Carrera, 33.6 F air vent temps @ 92 degrees F ambient, using R134A 85 911 Carrera

This was my 2nd Professional Porsche Shop install of my PFC's for a South Florida 911 Owner besides my own 911.

The owner was on a very tight budget and only wanted his old technology OEM front and rear condensers and hoses replaced with new barrier hose AND My Custom Hand Made Matched Set 911 PFC's as an A/C upgrade

This install was the easiest 911 PFC install I have ever done and proved just how efficient my PFC's dual matched set condensers are if Properly INSTALLED.

Nothing was tweeked in this 911 A/C OEM system and NO TIPS AND TRICKS WERE PERFORMED whatsoever.

The Porsche Shop removed the old hoses and obsolete OEM condensers and custom made new barrier hoses for R134A refrigerant with new fittings, and installed my duel front and rear matched set PFC's and I helped with everything and we recharged the A/C system with about 1.15 LBS of refrigerant.

The owner still used his tube&fin OEM evaporator and we didn't go further into improving any other OEM A/C components due to his budget , after we upgraded his hoses and installed my duel PFC's road driving testing was minimal so I don't know how well his 911 did in stop and go driving and extended idleing, but in minimal road driving tests that we did, his vent temps were in the 30's F @ 93 degree's F ambient. He really got a deal on what he was charged by the Porsche Shop compared to their normal prices

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-18-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #34 (permalink)

All I can say is I think it's awesome you stuck with it and kept going over the years.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #35 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Thank You SalParadise for the kind words!

It's never been about money for me, I truly care about the Porsche early model 911 and their owners; and got angry SWEATING IN My 911 crap A/C system for many years and I could not buy any new modern technology in the world supplied by ANY 911 A/C of today's after market venders other then OBSOLETE technology, SO I decided to do something about it and engineer/make my own modern state of the art A/C high quality USA made components.

I have now completed totally re-engineering the whole early 911 A/C SYSTEM. and along the way have made some amazing New DISCOVERIES.

Its time to take the next step, of my journey.

I am never giving up, I want to leave a small contribution to the legacy of this beautiful early model 911 we all love, and this is why I do what I do.

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-18-2017 at 03:45 PM..
Old 12-18-2017, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I am never giving up, I want to leave a small contribution to the legacy of this beautiful early model 911 we all love, and this is why I do what I do.
Well, legacy for those who want to give you money, and make their car inoperable for months while you "re-engineer" the a/c system.

Once again, many of us have "re-engineered" the a/c system, mine cost maybe $500 total in parts, complete redesign, no heat in the engine bay and no low hanging condenser in front. Huh. Sure, it's only HALF American made, but the other half is German made, so I got that going for me. It was however 100% American designed and built.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #37 (permalink)

Porsche Crest BLACKSWAN 911 33F Black Carrara December ‎07, ‎2012 REVERSING THE GASES

THIS IS THE FIRST EARLY MODEL 911 REVERSING THE GASES CONDENSER SEQUENCING AS FAR AS I KNOW I discovered/Invented this December ‎07, ‎2012

THIS MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE FOR A COUPLE OF REASONS TO MAKE COLD TEMPERATURES COLDER, AND PRODUCE LESS ENGINE & OIL HEAT!!!

ON A HOT DAY THERE IS NO APPRECIABLE RISE IN ENGINE TEMPERATURE, OR IN OIL TEMPERATURE CAUSED BY THE A/C SYSTEM TURNED ON OR OFF, OR IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT WHEN THE A/C GASES ARE ROUTED THIS WAY! THE FRONT PFC TAKES THE A/C HEAT FIRST IN THE FRONT OF THE 911 UNDER THE BODY, THIS ALSO IMPROVES THE REAR PFC PHASE CHANGE TO LIQUID REFRIGERANT FASTER.

It's amazing how well this works re-routing/sequencing the gases this way!

Re-Routing/Sequencing The Gases This Way! WILL VASTLY IMPROVE ANY/EVERY EARLY MODEL 911 A/C SYSTEM EFFICIENCY AND COOLING WHO MAKES THIS SIMPLE A/C HOSE MODIFICATION; SUPPLYING THE FRONT CONDENSER FIRST FROM THE a/c compressor! Plus IT WILL Eliminate engine heat and engine oil temperature rise when the A/C IS TURNED ON!

I have proven this works extremely well in several early model 911's I have upgraded with this simple a/c hose modifications and my PFC's!

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-23-2017 at 07:48 AM..
Old 12-19-2017, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #38 (permalink)

Porsche Crest BLACKSWAN 911 33F Black Carrara December ‎07, ‎2012 REVERSING THE GASES

This Install also used a VOV Orifice Valve instead of a TXT Valve

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-19-2017 at 08:25 AM..
Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #39 (permalink)

The HIGH pressure compressor gas is routed instead of to the rear condenser inside the hot engine compartment; it is first routed/secquenced from the A/C compressor to the Front PFC, then the high pressure returns to the engine compartment partially condensed at a lower temperature and pressure as both a liquid and also a gas refrigerant gas mixture; then returns/sequenced to go to the rear Deck Lid large PFC where it becomes liquid refrigerant; then it leaves the rear PFC via hose that is routed/sequenced to the inlet evaporator valve and is injected into the evaporator and then changes phase inside the evaporator as low pressure gas refrigerant and exits out of the evaporator and rerouted back to the compressor Low Pressure side to begin the A/C cycle again.

Last edited by KelogGes; 12-19-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Old 12-19-2017, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #40 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: