Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FYI old bmw /5 airhead motorcycles use the same retaining clips if you need to find them from another source.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterair View Post
FYI old bmw /5 airhead motorcycles use the same retaining clips if you need to find them from another source.
Thanks for the info on the clips.

Unfortunately my H5 ring screws were missing to begin with, so I still need to figure them out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 04-12-2018, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
I make the headlight attachment screw. Currently I'm down to my last few of them made from brass and then chrome plated (like oem). I've got a stainless version in production and they will be much cheaper than the current price on the last few of the brass based ones, probably about $8 each for the stainless including the nylon washer and black rubber buffer.

tks,
Eric
Accessory Parts
Old 04-14-2018, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
I make the headlight attachment screw. Currently I'm down to my last few of them made from brass and then chrome plated (like oem). I've got a stainless version in production and they will be much cheaper than the current price on the last few of the brass based ones, probably about $8 each for the stainless including the nylon washer and black rubber buffer.

tks,
Eric
Accessory Parts
Thanks Erik, I ended up getting 5mm stainless screws. I'll let you know if they don't work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 04-14-2018, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
I learned that not all clips are created equally.

I originally had some from Germany that I ordered with some parts, but I did not order enough. Long story short I got some extra ones, and to my surprised they are much bigger and work so much better than the other ones I had bought earlier. I think the big ones might be for VW and the small ones for Porsche, but maybe because I am using VW lenses with H4 rings they just work better.

Check it out.

Here they are installed. I mixed them up. Some places the small ones actually work better.

Looks like I have the lens a bit off centered. I never even noticed it until now.

and voila I have LED lights with VW lenses in H4 rings over sugar scoop buckets mounted on H5 mounting base.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD

Last edited by 3Ddesigns911; 04-19-2018 at 07:39 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
web geek

Garage
Send a message via AIM to emptyo Send a message via Yahoo to emptyo
Those look really clean. Nice work.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Carmagic.us

Looks good. How is the light pattern of the LED inserts ?

When I tested several inserts, I had a similar set and they made 3 spots on low beam.

You can see it in the picture below, also in the reflection on the hood.

The ones I use now have a nice cutoff with the 2low beam projectors, shown below.

Here installed.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Not sure about the pattern, but it doesn't appear to have 3 hot spots. I have no seats in the car to drive at the moment, but the beauty of this setup is that it's super easy to swap in any 7" light if one doesn't like them... conventional H4 or other LED.

Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
You were right about the lights.

I did end up using an insert like yours, and they do have an awesome output. Yesterday on the way home on the freeway my lights were brighter then most other cars around me including the ones that were lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks for the tip!

Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 06-13-2018, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: