Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

A non-Porsche owner guy over on Garage Journal forum bought a tool kit from someone for something like $50 or so. Seller didn't know what he had, neither did the buyer - but I think the buyer figured it had to be worth more than he paid. He posted pics - got some tips that it looked Porsche related - and he put it on ebay. He had ebay msgs from folks offering thousands - he just told them all to place a bid. I think it sold in the upper $3k range - almost $4k.

'06 911 S Aerokit - since 5/2/2016
'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
Old 12-06-2017, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Could be British but then I think you would have to call it a "multi-spanner" and price it in shillings or pounds. If it was a true oem wrench "Drop Forged Steel" would read something like:
"Tropfen geschmiedeter Stahl"
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...
Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
A non-Porsche owner guy over on Garage Journal forum bought a tool kit from someone for something like $50 or so. Seller didn't know what he had, neither did the buyer - but I think the buyer figured it had to be worth more than he paid. He posted pics - got some tips that it looked Porsche related - and he put it on ebay. He had ebay msgs from folks offering thousands - he just told them all to place a bid. I think it sold in the upper $3k range - almost $4k.
Because of this thread I sniffed on Ebay for related "stuff". Yes the tool kits are in the many thousands of dollars.

I suspect if the adjustable wrench is valid, a couple/few hundred bucks. I did see single pairs of pliers in the $100 range for subject period.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
Because of this thread I sniffed on Ebay for related "stuff". Yes the tool kits are in the many thousands of dollars.
Who could'a, would'a, should'a thunk it. I had tool kits and various Porsche tools from different year cars. It was a matter of pride for me to always include a proper tool kit in the trunk of a car that I sold.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann View Post
Who could'a, would'a, should'a thunk it. I had tool kits and various Porsche tools from different year cars. It was a matter of pride for me to always include a proper tool kit in the trunk of a car that I sold.
Sigh. In 1991, a co-worker said, "Man, this Cisco stock I have is going crazy"

I could have bought in then but who the hell knew.

Wonder what the big ticket is today? The first Tesla cars?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sugarwood could use it
Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Sugarwood ?
..paging Sugarwood
Old 12-08-2017, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
emergency tools , tool , tool roll , tools