Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Handy hint

I've had the doors on and off my car dozens of times. I put the hinge pins in loosely, by hand, each time, but they can be a little hard to pull out after. My solution gives me just a enough extra purchase on the pins so I don't have to go find a hammer (Edit - waiting for the comments on my personal hygiene... specifically my need to moisturize!)

I've also tried to protect the paint as I go along.

Last edited by Jonny042; 01-12-2018 at 07:22 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
Rock and a hard place.

On one hand I must continue to read this thread for all the inspiration of work done at such a high level.

On the other hand I shouldn't read it at all because there is no way any build I do will ever live up to this. I guess I just have to accept that the non-shiny parts of my car will never actually be clean and nice. There is an underside for a reason, I tell myself.

Seriously beautiful work, and I completely agree with the choice of a galvanized later car to transform. Its enough hard work without also quilting together a car from a rustbucket. Great work!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan9eleven View Post
Rock and a hard place.

On one hand I must continue to read this thread for all the inspiration of work done at such a high level.

On the other hand I shouldn't read it at all because there is no way any build I do will ever live up to this. I guess I just have to accept that the non-shiny parts of my car will never actually be clean and nice. There is an underside for a reason, I tell myself.

Seriously beautiful work, and I completely agree with the choice of a galvanized later car to transform. Its enough hard work without also quilting together a car from a rustbucket. Great work!
Thanks!! Not every build has to be so over the top - there is a lot to be said for leaving some things well enough alone and driving and enjoying the damn thing!

It has occurred to me that I'm spending a lot of time fixing things that weren't really broken in the first place
Old 01-14-2018, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: