Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: behind the redwood curtain, (humboldt county) california
Garage
The next levle...

If snakey let's me down, it's the AR15 on autogettem", or claymores, no catch & release.
Chris

Last edited by chrismorse; 12-09-2017 at 03:41 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismorse View Post
It is not like we are going to waterboard the little MF

Speaking of which, why doesn't someone do that to the wretched orange haired orangatang offspring currently messing everything up???

Probably gonna get roasted for this,
chris
Honestly.... for a minute there I thought the discussion had turned political
Yukon Yellow
Old 12-09-2017, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Location: behind the redwood curtain, (humboldt county) california
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlex View Post
Honestly.... for a minute there I thought the discussion had turned political
Never done that, it's just the cars, honest :-)

Chris
Old 12-09-2017, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Banned for Life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Bucket is 24/7 and never stops. Trap is a one shot deal.
One weekend last year had 4 in the bucket. Evidentially the sight of 3 pals spread eagle in the water was not enough to keep #4 for going for a spin on the can of fate.

Adding antifreeze is a good one for when I am gone for two weeks at a time but have a black lab with access to the garage who not only loves peanut butter....
Rick S, '71 914 3.0, '82 911SC EFI, R Gruppe #309
Old 12-09-2017, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Wildman Emeritus

Will be setting a couple of electric, "old Sparky" traps later today just in case the little rodents are not dissuaded by my peppermint approach. The wife has objections to allowing them to sink or swim. However, I really like the electric approach. Claims are 100 rodents per battery
2009 Suby Forester Wife's
2000 Boxter - Sold
Old 12-10-2017, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Andrew View Post
Will be setting a couple of electric, "old Sparky" traps later today just in case the little rodents are not dissuaded by my peppermint approach. The wife has objections to allowing them to sink or swim. However, I really like the electric approach. Claims are 100 rodents per battery
Let us know how those work.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Wildman Emeritus

I have used Old Sparky in the basement and performance is excellent. Crawl in for bait, contact both plates and zap! I see a tail sticking out and know there is one less mouse on the planet. Open, empty carcass and wait for the next one to walk the green mile. $20 well spent👌🏼
Old 12-10-2017, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Wildman Emeritus

I will post a pic if I am successful or if Mickey chooses peanut butter over life

Victor, the snap trap people, make them. They gotta have some sick dudes working there and scheming up new mouse dispatching devices. Though, I suspect that we could find some potential employees here.
2009 Suby Forester Wife's
2000 Boxter - Sold
Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
A question for you mouse experts - does setting traps with bait such as peanut butter ultimately attract the little bastards? Wondering if a deterrent of some kind, whether a stinky spray or mothballs etc. might be the better way to go.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

How destructive can those little guys be? One (1) mouse cost me close to 50K with my '72 2002. Started noticing both doors not shutting properly and upon further inspection realised the frame rails were rusting through. Cut them open and found both sides packed with dog kibble which of course held water. At this point with the body off it was a no brainier for full restoration. I never even caught the little bastard. I now have an electric trap in the garage (which works great BTW)
Old 12-10-2017, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
hi boys..anybody tried to use a Cat...you will kill two flies with one shot..cat will get food and no mice in garage....
i have this beast to guard my 911...actually 5 of them and no mice anywhere i look

Ivan
Old 12-10-2017, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Eng-o-neer

Yes, it's more humane to kill them instantly than slowly.

Spend the $20 per year for snap traps.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
'73 911 T Targa

Garage
I saw a mouse in my basement and set a snap trap with peanut butter. The trap had such a hair trigger, I could barely set it down without tripping it, but a few days later, I found the trap licked clean, but it didnít trip. Set traps with peanut butter twice more, again licked clean but didnít trip.

Iím wondering what could have done that without tripping the trap?

My car is up on a lift; I hope thatís buying me some protection from the rodents.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Banned for Life

Garage
He never caught one mouse in the garage. Maybe life was too good.
Rick S, '71 914 3.0, '82 911SC EFI, R Gruppe #309
Old 12-10-2017, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proporsche View Post
hi boys..anybody tried to use a Cat...you will kill two flies with one shot..cat will get food and no mice in garage....
i have this beast to guard my 911...actually 5 of them and no mice anywhere i look

Ivan
People who haven't had cats before don't realize the scale at which they destroy rodents. My one averages a kill a day that I see, if not more.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
when we first move to the house here in France i had counted 56 mice as a gifts from our LA cats;-)
.....most of them(mice) with no heads;-) in 1st 2 month..

Ivan
Old 12-11-2017, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Are these inside or outside cats...that's impressive stuff.

Our neighbor has a cat that hangs around outside, I love seeing it prowl around my garage
'02 S6 Avant
'99.5 A4 2.8 / '65 Ducati Falcon 80
Old 12-11-2017, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Quote:
Bucket is 24/7 and never stops. Trap is a one shot deal.
Agreed. Might as well use the most effective & efficient means to round them up and wipe them out. I wasted way too much time & effort trying to ďfeedĒ the chipmunks when they first became a problem. Landscape contractor mentioned the bucket party and I was convinced right away
Past: '87 Carrera "The Unicorn"
Old 12-11-2017, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Cats are the best traps, especially if you let them out of the house daily.
We go away too often to own a cat, but if I could, I would.

I've used poison as well....still do. They die, then smell.
I've used snap traps also...who hasn't? You've got to monitor them, reset them, set out a bunch, then empty them if they work.
I like the idea of the electric ones but again, one shot deals.

I'm not too concerned about HOW they die, or whether they're in my garage or basement. Either way, they have to go. Once they're in your house, it's all out war and you won't win until you find the hole. BTDT.

Rodents are rodents. Gotta go one way or the other.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 12-11-2017, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Quote:
Cats are the best traps, especially if you let them out of the house daily.
We go away too often to own a cat, but if I could, I would.

I've used poison as well....still do. They die, then smell.
I've used snap traps also...who hasn't? You've got to monitor them, reset them, set out a bunch, then empty them if they work.
I like the idea of the electric ones but again, one shot deals.

I'm not too concerned about HOW they die, or whether they're in my garage or basement. Either way, they have to go. Once they're in your house, it's all out war and you won't win until you find the hole. BTDT.

Rodents are rodents. Gotta go one way or the other.
Agreed again. DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZUDtaGf3I
Past: '87 Carrera "The Unicorn"
Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: