Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

F model carpets

Hi All!
Looking at carpet sets for my 71 911T I find both 6 and 16 pieces. (!) What should I look for if I’m doing the full interior. My concern is if I’m buying the 6 piece to match with the rest.

Thanks for any input.

Jörgen Forssling
Gothenburg
SWEDEN
Old 01-01-2018, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Could someone direct me to a chart or drawing where I can see all the carpet parts originally used.

Thanks,
Jörgen
Old 01-02-2018, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi, the best place to look for this information is in the parts manual available for free on the porsche web site. Here are the pages that will interest you. In the last two, not all the pieces are carpet and the numbers will have a description on the next page.

I'm guessing that 16 is all the pieces you need whereas 6 is only the front trunk or so.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I’m traveling at the time and was struggling with the small screen on my phone. At the same time I had interest in an auction on the six piece kit.

I decided to let it go and do some more research. See enclosed image if that kit and see what you make out of it.

//Jörgen
Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Kit
Old 01-03-2018, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Can’t resize the image on my phone to post it. I’ll do it when I’m home again.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

This is what I'm comparing.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
The top set looks like all carpet pieces, including floor, center, and sides, front and rear (foot wells, door pockets, etc.).
The bottom one looks like just driver and passenger floor carpets, center front, and rear floor. These are typically the high wear items.
All items in the bottom set look to be included in the top set.
Take care with the quality of the carpets; there are different levels out there. FWIW, Lakewell has a good reputation here on the Forum for high quality (if you do a search on them here you will find them mentioned in a number of threads).
Good luck.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle O View Post
The top set looks like all carpet pieces, including floor, center, and sides, front and rear (foot wells, door pockets, etc.).
The bottom one looks like just driver and passenger floor carpets, center front, and rear floor. These are typically the high wear items.
All items in the bottom set look to be included in the top set.
Take care with the quality of the carpets; there are different levels out there. FWIW, Lakewell has a good reputation here on the Forum for high quality (if you do a search on them here you will find them mentioned in a number of threads).
Good luck.
Thanks for your input! Is there any other suppliers you would recommend looking at. I would need the full kit as I'm doing a full resto and has nothing of the old interior. I'm not sure about door pockets though, we're they carpeted on a 71?

//Jörgen
Old 01-06-2018, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, you are right, I think the earlier cars did not have side pockets that were carpeted. I have an '87 so I know that best (pockets were different and had carpet on them).

As for alternatives, I have used Classic 9 And Apbiz here in the USA. The Classic 9 quality was the best, as they were truer to the OE design. Since you are in Europe, again, Lakewell gets the best reviews I have seen. Some of the pieces are still available from Porsche as service parts also (like the floor mats). There are certainly other sources out there also, especially if you were just going to get bulk carpet and have someone (or yourself) custom-make the pieces. Of course, color could be an issue in any case; black will be easiest, but if you are looking for something else...
If you do some searches here, some other options will turn up.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: