Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke View Post
Correct.... he will not be seeing me car again. I can do the work myself, sometimes I just don’t want to. I did get the old cooler back. At the time he did send me a video of him pressure testing the old one, and it showed a leak. But who knows????
You need the fix it yourself and put the story behind you (many years ago I got screwed by a local shop, after the episode I decided to by a lift and I never look back so they actually do me a favour).

So, get the area clean, fix the Oil Pipe as per the TB, put everything back and upon success turn your attention to you old Oil Cooler.

As per Ivan post, do the pressure test your self or have it done and it does not leak put it for sale.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 01-03-2018, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Ordered new oil cooler seals today to install later in the week. And advice on installation? Should I use silicon, or something similar to hold them to the block? Or do you put them on the cooler 1st?
Old 01-08-2018, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
2stroke..in no way use any silicone or adhesive on these o rings.Just put them in and install the cooler...to hold the cooler to the engine use regular nuts with a spring washers.Not silicon nut.It will look as a Mickey Mouse Job;-)
Ivan
Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: