Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

‘75 coupe Sunroof troubles

Since buying the car a few years ago the sunroof had been jammed in the closed position by the last owner as it wasn’t able to close fully and seal.
I know there are countless tech articles and other threads showing a similar problem but none of the fixes have seemed to work.
It is able to open and close under its own power however it isn’t able to come upwards and be flush with the roof (around 1” too low”)
seen here where It closes itself:
Seal

Mechanism

And here when pushed up by hand (fully sealed)
Seal

Mechanism

It seems as though all parts were there as we disassembled everything and put it back together to be the exact same way. The plastic “ramps” seem to be fully in tact and the motor is able to push the whole way and there are no stripped gears.
Any ideas??

Cheers, Dean
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Been a while since I assembled on but shouldn't those ramps be on top of something? Their purpose is to kick the back up at the very last
Old 01-02-2018, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by group911@aol.co View Post
Been a while since I assembled on but shouldn't those ramps be on top of something? Their purpose is to kick the back up at the very last

They are sitting atop of a red metal piece in the track as can be seen in the pictures of the linkage, it’s being pushed up but not enough to seal properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've been unable to find a clear picture, but from what I can tell, the arm which holds the adjusting bolt, shown in your picture, should be in a more vertical position. As mentioned before, that is done by the ramps at the ends of the tracks but why yours aren't bumped up enough, I cannot tell as I don't have access to a sunroof and it's been too long since I dealt with one. I don't remember if either the ramps or the position of the carrier are adjustable. It seems like the carrier has to move rearward just a bit more to bump up to its maximum position after which any height adjustment is made with the slotted bolt.

Here is the best picture I could locate. Notice how vertical the arm that holds the plate is.

Is there a way to pull the cables back before attaching them to the motor? It's been too long a time for me to know.
Stabilized on a Pelican I.V. drip

Last edited by ossiblue; 01-03-2018 at 07:48 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Looks pretty dirty in there. A disassembly and a good cleaning to be sure the cables move freely in their tracks might help. A weak motor or slipping clutch is common. Tighten the slot screw on the transmission. Both cables need to hit the forward stop at the same time. If the front felt is too low, the front of the moving panel may have trouble contacting and sliding downward on it.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: