Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Red koni setting

Hi,
I wonder if someone can advise what is the best setting for a red koni shocks?

When I turn the adjustment all the way to the right I can barely pull the shock out.
Off course I donít know how this translate to the street driving and these require removal to adjust them again.

I appreciate your feedback.

By the way donít mind stiffer ride as I donít drive a lot and the few corners we have here I enjoy taking them with more spirit than average driver.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I put mine in the middle, It feels really good where it is but when I do bushings I will probably choose to dampen it all the way. You won't know really till you try it. Personally I wouldn't be scared to do it or anything. Let me know how you like it if you do...
Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo1 View Post
I put mine in the middle, It feels really good where it is but when I do bushings I will probably choose to dampen it all the way. You won't know really till you try it. Personally I wouldn't be scared to do it or anything. Let me know how you like it if you do...
By dampen all the way, do you mean having them at the firmest setting?
Thank you
Old 01-07-2018, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

Shock damping setting depend a lot on stiffness of torsion bars (or springs if you have coilovers). For the Konis that have the single adjustment via the knob, it's the rebound damping that you are adjusting. Do you know whether you have the sport or non-sport versions of the Konis? Sports are stiffer. And to some extent whether the shocks are old and worn as well, as damping tends to go off with age. I'd think for stock torsions, something in the lower half of the firmness range on the Konis would probably work best. But try playing with the settings and see how it feels driving.

Scott
Old 01-07-2018, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have red koni standard.
For the rear I got yellow sport by mistake and they are significantly firmer than the red.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: