Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to cmcfaul Send a message via Yahoo to cmcfaul Send a message via Skype™ to cmcfaul
Question 89 carrera = anyone know what this does

89 carrera

Changed out the turn signal switch. Before I put it 100% back together I noticed this. anyone know what it's for and where it goes?

Thanks,

Chris

Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
Tube, Wire ?

You talking that thing headed toward your floor mat ? Was it tucked up behind your dash and just got pulled down during your work ? Not stock looking at all. Does it go through to the wheel well and on somewhere else ?
Red 08 Impreza, wifes car sold
Grey 05 CRV, now is the daughters solution
Old 01-12-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfaul View Post
89 carrera

Changed out the turn signal switch. Before I put it 100% back together I noticed this. anyone know what it's for and where it goes?

Thanks,

Chris

You need to provide details as to what we are supposed to be looking at in qiestion...I assume it's a hose or line, but have you traced it out--is it electrcial or just a rubber hose.....provide more info as to location, what you have found, etc...so others can better support you.

1967 912 Coupe
1985 911 Carrera
1967 MGB GT
Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to cmcfaul Send a message via Yahoo to cmcfaul Send a message via Skype™ to cmcfaul
its just a plastic thing. Last foot is hard the rest is flexible and goes into a hole below the trunk handle. I am assuming is an emergency trunk release but dont know. I tucked it under the dash where it was. Just dont know if its something else and is supposed to plug in somewhere.

Good news is the turn signal switch swap was successful :-)

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-12-2018, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
What's the rocker switch next to the release handle for?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
the rocker switch was part of an aftermarket alarm. there's another tiny switch under the dash as well.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Urinary catheter.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
oh good. Must belong to the previous owner and it's so small.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Undocumented User

Garage
I bet that's some type of antenna used in an 80s alarm system that would notify the owner if the alarm went off. Follow it.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If you remove the 3 screws that hold the carpeted side cover on you'll find out pretty quickly.
I think it is an aerial too.

Interesting that the cover has a switch mounted in it at the top. Surely non original too and maybe associated with the aerial?
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
guess I have to follow it. Thought for sure it was stock.

Now I am more curious.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: