Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Wow HarryD, he did a great job on yours. Fits like it should, perfectly. Mine's a little less perfect.
Same here. I've been fighting my top since getting it back.... I wish it looked/fit like yours.

Universeman and I are both in Austin and have been sharing our Targa top woes. Will take a look at my clips and see how they look.

It's been quite a frustrating process to-date.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Originally Posted by pampadori View Post
I wanted to check with others that know these things. My targa top is noisy on the passenger side front. above 70mph it gets pretty loud. When the top is on the car, you can see that the vinyl is lifted slightly at one of the folding seams. it doesn't lay completely flat like it probably should. Is this fixed by having a tighter-fitting top vinyl or does it need something else? will a new top vinyl offer some improvement at all?

From looking at it it doesn't seem like there is anything besides the tension of the vinyl to pull it down tight and straight so i'm ready to spend the $200 on a top cover but not ready to spend $3000 to have it completely rebuilt.
Check Dans Website. Full rebuild is $1400. If you need new seals or something is broken that would be extra. Well worth the price.

If you want to go it alone, you can read lots of threads here to see if you want to proceed. This is an interesting one:
Targa Top Rebuild
1970 VW Sunroof Bus - "The Magic Bus"
1973.5 911T Targa - "Smokey"
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 03-08-2018, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: